Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

And you know this for a fact and have documentation to support/prove it?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

So if the agreement is not made yet, then why aren't you asking that it reflect an actual annual income (like the previous years NOA) rather than estimated income?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Banned

theborg is on a distinguished road

I think the 8 or 10 G's she lost (based on 13 weeks at 20/hr) will be quickly put to rest when when it's averaged over 3 years. Your gonna be spending alot more time defending why your half dying, if your ex is trollin back into the neighborhood please don't have a miracle recovery right after court because when she finds out you'll be right back in court (she will be bitter if you win your medical thingy and will want revenge) and you can already assume she'll ask for yearly disclosure.....so offer her more (time limited), or a one time sum and try for finality from future harrassment of disclosure. ( hate to assume u lost pension and house cash already but..) anyways my mothers 3rd husband he's in his 80's and his ex-wife of 20 years ago is still after him about money...drives my mother nuts....hope you don't want that for yourself......get well soon
Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theborg View Post
I think the 8 or 10 G's she lost (based on 13 weeks at 20/hr) will be quickly put to rest when when it's averaged over 3 years. Your gonna be spending alot more time defending why your half dying, if your ex is trollin back into the neighborhood please don't have a miracle recovery right after court because when she finds out you'll be right back in court (she will be bitter if you win your medical thingy and will want revenge) and you can already assume she'll ask for yearly disclosure.....so offer her more (time limited), or a one time sum and try for finality from future harrassment of disclosure. ( hate to assume u lost pension and house cash already but..) anyways my mothers 3rd husband he's in his 80's and his ex-wife of 20 years ago is still after him about money...drives my mother nuts....hope you don't want that for yourself......get well soon
with cs he has to still do yearly disclosure, no getting around that.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Banned

theborg is on a distinguished road

considering his kids ages and the time this'll take winding it's why through the court...he may not have to disclose for very long...but ur right
Old 05-02-2012, 03:44 AM

Baffled_Dad is on a distinguished road

My oldest son slipped and told my mother my ex went off work. She's no dummy. She knew what she was doing. It will eventually even out next year. Her wage is 18/hr. Do the math for the year. My income is 44/hr. I make on a 40 hr work week per year $91500. Overtime isn't mandatory, it's voluntary. If her income was where it should be then it would be allot more reasonable. It would save me about $300/week. I've been real reasonable thru the whole process. Her house is paid for, I paid off her brand new jeep. This was done thru our equalization. I ended up with less in the end. I bought her out of my pension. Im cutting my losses with her. I just have to wait until the end of the year. Were a signature away from settling without going in front of a judge. If I can't come up with the money for my sons school, do I go into arrears for that amount?*
Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled_Dad View Post
My oldest son slipped and told my mother my ex went off work. She's no dummy. She knew what she was doing. It will eventually even out next year. Her wage is 18/hr. Do the math for the year. My income is 44/hr. I make on a 40 hr work week per year $91500. Overtime isn't mandatory, it's voluntary. If her income was where it should be then it would be allot more reasonable. It would save me about $300/week. I've been real reasonable thru the whole process. Her house is paid for, I paid off her brand new jeep. This was done thru our equalization. I ended up with less in the end. I bought her out of my pension. Im cutting my losses with her. I just have to wait until the end of the year. Were a signature away from settling without going in front of a judge. If I can't come up with the money for my sons school, do I go into arrears for that amount?*
. If she was off work for that long was she on EI?? So what if her house is paid for? So what if she paid off her Jeep using the equalization? You havent even heard why she was off work, just what you son said to the grandmother.

Last edited by standing on the sidelines; 05-02-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Baffled_Dad is on a distinguished road

Your right! None of it matters. It will all come out at the end of next year. I'm just moving forward. I can't wait to sign the divorce papers. Its all good! I've never ran from responsibility nor am I now. My kids are my main concern. All I ask is for her to be fair and reasonable. I'm not getting that right now.
Closed Thread