Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 05:19 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

what makes me happy is finally getting the master bedroom painted. I bought out the ex of the house but couldnt bring myself to move back into the master bedroom until it was redecorated. Now tonight will be my first night back in there in over two years. He moved out a year ago but it takes me a while to get motivated lol.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:20 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I'm in my basement at my computer planning my next plan of action against an ex who is relentlessly taking me to court over and over again. Happiness for me is knowing I'm organize and have good legal counsel. This is what makes me happy at this point in my life.
Arabian, I admire your dedication to your challenges but, one thing to remember is that you don't want to become "divorced obsessed". Don't forget the most important person in all this... yourself. You are strong and unlike many of the other posters on this site I don't doubt that you will survive the situation but, don't forget about *you* in all this. Hopefully you take time out for yourself. You would be surprised at how much better you can organize your thoughts if you take this time. (Not saying you are not.)

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
what makes me happy is finally getting the master bedroom painted. I bought out the ex of the house but couldnt bring myself to move back into the master bedroom until it was redecorated. Now tonight will be my first night back in there in over two years. He moved out a year ago but it takes me a while to get motivated lol.
Excellent. Change is a good thing. Embrace it and congratulations. Retaking space in your home can be a very positive experience. A little paint in any house can totally change the atmosphere and how you feel about the place.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

I did a few room makeovers when the ex got ejected. It felt and looked great. One thing I still have is the bed though, lol and the mattress which I sometimes feel is bad karma (half-kidding). A new mattress (the good ones are not cheap) is simply not in the budget

Some nice new window coverings, new bedding, new pillows are good enough for now. I had to get new furniture fairly quickly b/c he took a lot of items. I went for about a month without a kitchen table/chairs, or a dresser for my bedroom. A friend from high school is a professional painter and I got the whole main LR and my son's bedroom painted and that was nice.

As for "time for ourselves" (Tayken's point): that too is very important. A little self tlc never hurts. I don't care how broke I am/get - I'm still going to get my nails manicured and hair highlighted every so often. The gym and/or some form of exercise is also very important for sanity! As well, I can identify with being obsessed, as I have been at times, with my legal woes. That has subsided quite a bit. I struggle now more with dread. I've tried to think if there's a way that I could simply "walk away" from it - and for me, there really isn't. So I do my best to keep it in perspective. Some days are better than others, such is life.

I would like to be more "organized" but I also realize that my legal junk has resuled in a LOT of files and paperwork. One day, hopefully I can burn it all.. While relaxing at a nice peaceful cottage, (despite the fact that it won't be mine) and hearing nothing but the sound of the lake, the loons, and the crickets. I'm not known to be thee most positive/upbeat person around these days, but I try most days to think of at least 3 things that I am truly thankful for, no matter what.

SOS: have a great "1st night" back in the newly decorated/painted Master Bedroom!

Last edited by hadenough; 08-05-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Thanks Tayken. Good advice. Today I went to a farmers market and bought some fresh dill as well as blueberries. Cooked up a blueberry crumble and am now cutting up and freezing the dill. Cooking gives me great deal of satisfaction ... guess it's control over something.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:11 PM

murphyslaw is on a distinguished road

Cant wait to get rid of much of my paperwork too.I will go through it over and over before the next round at court .Much of which is now memorized to some extent so it is with me forever.I have a list of things I would like to do with my new found freedom.Bit by bit things are getting ticked off that list.That makes me happy .Im a simple soul :-)
Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Enjoying the nice weather. Sitting on my patio petting my pussies (I have 3 cats) drinking good red wine. Very, very content. Very, very happy.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 AM

Sax is on a distinguished road
Default Happy

Ive been at my gf cottage all weekend. Fresh air and sunshine! Tonight we listened to a live band. An older man asked me to dance. Up I got and had a blast! He said I was his sacrificial lamb but he did me a favor!! My friend and I laughed a lot!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Right now I am saving Veggies from certain doom with a spatula due to the "psychologically abusive" moderators on this board who constantly "stalk" me on "my" message threads.

Veggie Bounce

It makes Tayken happy to know that the cries of the carrots will be heard!

The Cries of the Carrots - YouTube

Quote:
And the angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber, and took me on high, and higher still until we moved in the spaces betwixt the air itself and he bore me unto a vast farmland of our own midwest, and as we descended cries of impending doom rose from the soil.
one thousand, nay, a million voices full of fear.

And terror possessed me then and I begged;

"Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"

And the angel said unto me;

"These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots. You see, reverend Tayken, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."
Good Luck!
Taken
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

It's contagious: I'm addicted to Veggie Bounce.

I never thought I'd 'catch something' from playing with Tayken online.
Closed Thread