Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 AM

Sax is on a distinguished road
Default What are you doing right now that makes you happy?

I am at my gf cottage, sitting on her dock, alone, having a coffee. It's peaceful. It's windy, the water is choppy, the dock is moving. The sound of the waves is enjoyable. I am grateful I have such wonderful friends. My life is already better. One day and one activity at a time!

Whenever you do something enjoyable, record it here or somewhere. Then you can look back at all the good things! You will have a record of your new great life. I bet that eventually, the good moments will outweigh the uncomfortable moments (that's all they are...uncomfortable) and pretty soon your new life will blossom! Remember, your new life is different. So give yourself 5 minutes to grieve and say goodbye then spend your future saying "hello new life!"

😉
Old 08-05-2012, 12:34 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I'm in my basement at my computer planning my next plan of action against an ex who is relentlessly taking me to court over and over again. Happiness for me is knowing I'm organize and have good legal counsel. This is what makes me happy at this point in my life.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:28 PM

murphyslaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I'm in my basement at my computer planning my next plan of action against an ex who is relentlessly taking me to court over and over again. Happiness for me is knowing I'm organize and have good legal counsel. This is what makes me happy at this point in my life.
Arabian is in Divorce Command Central,from this vantage point she will sift through legal quagmire and financial twists and turns .Insert evil laugh here-
Take happiness wherever you can get,it seems to be in short enough supply in the world.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:49 PM

momforever1956 is on a distinguished road

Happiness my late father told me just before his death, is not a goal but a consequence one is blessed with at the end of the road when headed in the right direction.
Your children and reputation is what ultimately what really counts.
I believe if we are seeking happiness it will be a reward by doing the right thing. Cleaning my late brother and cooking and cleaning, and doing all the mundane things that needed to be done in a day didnt make me happy, but when I brushed my teeth before I went to sleep, I was at peace and happy.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:53 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by momforever1956 View Post
Happiness my late father told me just before his death, is not a goal but a consequence one is blessed with at the end of the road when headed in the right direction.
Your children and reputation is what ultimately what really counts.
I believe if we are seeking happiness it will be a reward by doing the right thing. Cleaning my late brother and cooking and cleaning, and doing all the mundane things that needed to be done in a day didnt make me happy, but when I brushed my teeth before I went to sleep, I was at peace and happy.
i really hope there was suppose to be a comma between cleaning and late brother.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:54 PM

No Sos, my late brother was challenged and needed cleaning, no comma, just a devoted sister who was blessed with a special gift, may he rest in peace.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:59 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by momforever1956 View Post
No Sos, my late brother was challenged and needed cleaning, no comma, just a devoted sister who was blessed with a special gift, may he rest in peace.
good for you, not many people could handle that.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:01 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Nice idea Sax, enjoy the peace of nature. Lol, arabian. I feel happy about my son and when I'm getting regular exercise. In my personal life, I find it hard to get excited about much. I have so many decisions to make and I'm not yet "decided." There are other things coming my way that I have little control over. I enjoy my pets, a few precious good friends, and I look forward to the day when a lot of the negative things that have happened, are behind me. I'm not out of the war zone, yet. Happiness for me arrives in certain moments. When I laugh about something and realize, "hey, I can still laugh and smile" because for awhile I felt like I'd forgotten how to. I sometimes run across a picture from a few years ago and think, "where did that girl go?"

Enjoy the moments. If it's a minute here or there. An hour. A day. A weekend. Never forget the strengths you have, and the support you give and receive to others. We don't get through any of our most difficult times without someone having reached out. *In my opinion/experience*
Old 08-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Peter was a special soul and touched so many people. He died 3 years ago at the age of 49. He was Down Syndrom with the mentality of a 3 year old and the body of a 90 year old. I cared for him for 9 years after my mother died.
People including his doctor always said how fortunate he was to be so well cared for, he lived like a King.
The interesting thing is Peter wasnt as lucky as all those people he touched. His smile and warmth and love was unconditional and he was funny--you couldnt help but love him the minute you met him. If he didnt like something he would stretch out his arm, point his finger and say out, till this day there are many people who copy him and point out.
I have videos of him singing while my son was playing guitar, all of his favourite songs, including Bad bad leroy brown, and according to Pete it wasnt the baddest man in the whole damm town it was the baddest man in downtown.
I could go on and on about Peter, but the idea I was trying to communicate is that happiness doesnt have to be a great vacation or a new car, happiness is truly a reward at the end of a path and sometimes that path can be difficult. Quick fixes may give us moments of happiness but to find true peace we need to take the higher road and sometimes it isnt all fun.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:34 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

I hit the gym three times a week and lift weights.

For those hour long stretches, and a good hour afterwards, I am on top of the world.

There's something to be said for the seratonin/dopamine dump into the system that excercise provides.

Thats my advice to anyone going through these stressfull matters in life. Start exercising.
Closed Thread