Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2010, 08:19 PM

IronMama is on a distinguished road
Angry What kind of a father ...

Turns his back on his kids as if they do not exist?
Do not even bother to send a birthday card from the dollar store for any of his boys?
Has go on to have 4 new kids in 3 years with someone else?

Wow..Im blown away by this, and cant ever wrap my mind around it.
You can divorce your spouse but I dont believe one can ever divorce their kids!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:27 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

That guy....
Old 09-17-2010, 09:15 PM

rwm1273 is an unknown quantity at this point

a waste of skin kind of dad who uses the wrong head to think.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:57 PM

asnf is on a distinguished road

I am smiling as I am finding myself on the opposite side of the table where I am the father trying to protect that little time I have for my child - the mother being uncooperative to have that father-child relationship maintained. At it stands now, she is trying to move my daugther away from me making that access schedule impossible to meet.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:11 PM

rwm1273 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been there and overcame it. Got the kids now. Took 5 years and $200K. 2 years on and another $20K and still rising costs, but the kids are doing better with me now.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:02 AM

InterprovincialParents is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to InterprovincialParents

People can and do leave their kids behind all the time, unfortunately. My son has yet to get a birthday card or call from his bio...we simply do our best to make sure our son does not feel the emotional turmoil this neglect can cause in children...while promoting the relationship.

Be the better parent, move on rather than getting upset or frustrated at his lack of desire to parent your child
Old 09-18-2010, 07:11 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

like it has been said many times on this board before, we never hear both sides of the story. Not saying there is ever a good excuse to not see your kids but there are CP out there who will do anything to keep the NCP from the kids including false allegations of abuse etc. Also I am not saying that is the case of the posters in this thread. Sometimes due to lack of funds etc the NCP no longer has the ability to fight and decides to wait until the kids come looking for them so they can explain.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:02 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

They don't appear very nice for forgetting a birthday card. What's their track record when it comes to supporting their child and commitment to access?

For my own child, I forgot to by them a birthday card recently, my bad, lol -- but in lieu, did buy them their first vehicle recently.

As far as an individual going on to start a second family, is rather common this day and age but that does not forgive them for their first family obligations.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalvelocity View Post
They don't appear very nice for forgetting a birthday card. What's their track record when it comes to supporting their child and commitment to access?

For my own child, I forgot to by them a birthday card recently, my bad, lol -- but in lieu, did buy them their first vehicle recently.

As far as an individual going on to start a second family, is rather common this day and age but that does not forgive them for their first family obligations.
card vs car hmmm, I think they probably forgive you for the lapse in the birthday card. I know I would LOL!!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity
Wink

The car was reasonable -- Cost of Insurance is not. Unfortunately, on paper, they had to move to their other unlicensed parent - so I could insure the vehicle.

However, the plus side is after running the scenarios, they will now qualify for much OSAP to pursue their studies.
Closed Thread