Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 09:37 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
My ex pawned everything. Including my Mother's (and my Moms' Mom's) wedding ring.
That's awful...I'm sorry. She should have at least given you the option to buy them back from her or given you the location that she pawned them. Really mean thing to do.

I've decided that eventually I'm going to have the jewellery remade into something for my children later. Everything else, I have thrown away or gotten rid of so I should probably keep something for them.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:56 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

After a failed 30 yr marriage I finally found the perfect use for my wedding dress:

This past halloween a friend was having a party and she dressed up as one of Dracula's brides. It was incredibly funny and I didn't feel sad one iota. As for our wedding albums - at the bottom of a box in a closet somewhere. Son can have them. When I initially split from my ex I asked him if he wanted the wedding pictures and he said he did. I later found out that both he and his also-married girlfriend proudly display both of their wedding pictures in their bedroom!!!!!!!!!! Sick or what?
Old 04-07-2012, 06:51 PM

May_May is on a distinguished road

Wedding Ring Coffin - A great divorce gift for yourself or loved one
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 PM

2bFREE2012 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
I wouldn't have recommended shredding the wedding pictures. One day in the future your children may have wanted to see them. It would have been better to keep them in a safe place. Children often ask about their parent's wedding and other questions. Although there may be no love between the parents it is often important to demonstrate to children that they were born out of love.

With regards to the jewellery. Russel Oliver can help you with that. He is the "Cash Man".

Good Luck!
Tayken
I sure am glad to see this topic on wedding jewelry; i am still in the initial stages of separation and never even thought about the rings...i guess especially coz i have not worn them for months...

What about the family name...i took his after we got married...and have been known as such since 12 years ago, including as i moved thru my career...so in a professional manner, it is preferable to keep status quo. Also, both our kids use same...so to generate less confusion in school, after-school, etc. Any thoughts or inputs on this? Please and thanks,
2bfree2012
Old 04-10-2012, 12:56 PM

qtpys4 is on a distinguished road

since my ex turfed me for someone 19 years younger, and she has the same name as me, I couldnt get rid of his surname fast enough, even after 23 years of marriage and 3 children. I havent found it to be a problem that the children have a different last name. As far as career, I just sent out a company wide email that I had changed my surname. I have never regretted going back to my maiden name.
Closed Thread