Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
IMO, unless the parenting plan put forth determines custody, speaking to religion is completely inappropriate. Religion, health and education are decisions provided for in custody.
Which is the complexity of a parenting plan. It needs to, in my opinion, identify custody and access. Religion is an element of custody. Parenting plans are incredibly complex in many cases to simplify.

There are already excellent tools out there for putting together parenting plans. Automating them becomes challenging because it is a very "subjective" agreement between parents that is rooted in concrete statements. There are thousands (if not millions) of expert Rules that would have to taught to the system to deal with it.

Expert systems as a whole for the general population of average users (or uneducated users) is no small task to take on. Especially when considering the massive amount of variability in a parenting plan. The system would have to be primarily be driven by a large evidence model for which would take significant design and consideration to put in place.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:46 PM

baldclub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Stewart View Post
Hi. My name is Ken. I am the father of a five year old boy. I am currently separated awaiting my divorce to be finalized. My relationship with my son's mother is okay but I noticed that many events in my son's life were falling through the cracks. I also hated talking to his mother on the phone or even having her email me. I went on-line to look for something to use to better organize his life but could never find exactly what I wanted. So I am working with some other divorced and separated parents on building something that will work for us. We would love your opinions. Check us out at *edited*

Thx
Personally Ken, I don't have a problem with you and your other divorced parents asking for some feedback here on your endeavour. I would say focus less on the marketing questions and more on what the real issues are for the children and parents caught in a legal jungle.

You might have received a better welcome in this forum if you had done a little more research here, because there is a ton to do as has already been pointed out.

Find your niche, provide a real service, and over perform. Good luck.

Last edited by blinkandimgone; 09-18-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: removed website address
Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Although you can't solicit here, it would be an interesting discussion, I think, to find out why on earth you would want to take the emotion out of parenting?
Old 09-18-2012, 05:34 PM

Ken Stewart is an unknown quantity at this point

Good point. I believe the term emotion needs to be better defined. What the tool is hoping to reduce is negative emotion...any emotion one parent still has for another that then impacts their decisions on how to raise their child.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:36 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

No tool will ever do that. Maturity and respect does. That also has absolutely nothing to do with the child - or shouldn't. If you aren't mature enough to make decisions in the best interest of the child because of your feelings for the other parent, then perhaps it's time to re-evaluate whether or not you're the best fit as a parent for that child.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 PM

Ken Stewart is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the feedback and the welcome.
Closed Thread