Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2013, 07:23 PM

caranna is on a distinguished road

A couple of weeks ago, I bought:

Jamieson Melatonin-3 Strips

This is the only melatonin that has ever worked for me and did not give me a headache. I had tried other forms and not only did I not sleep, I got terrific headaches. This is the greatest sleep aid I have ever taken, and I've tried "tons". It even has a great chocolate-mint taste.

I bought mine at Shopper's.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
20 lbs on me!
I lost 20 pounds, and with the court date coming up, I will lose another 10!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the great advice everyone

I'm getting a ton of exercise several 5-10 hours every week. I've lost 63 lbs.
My mom also recommended Melatonin.
I'm on call this week so my phone can't be on silent, although I do turn notifications off.
I'll work on getting more sex.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:25 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Melatonin is not effective for long term use and eventually you need to up the intake. Dr. Oz (go to his website) has a lot of info re: melatonin and also other "better sleep" tips. Certainly, many forum members stepped up with their good advice/tips on this topic
Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 PM

Yes there is a warning on the package about not taking the melatonin for long term use.
I've never been a huge fan of Dr. Oz but he does have some good advice.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:46 PM

Oh, here's another tip for improving sleep: Every night I take 2 tablets of Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium (200 mg. total). I take 2 tablets during the day also. It really helps with steadying the nerves and aids in sleep. It's not a miracle worker but it definitely helps.

Mods: If you find it necessary to delete the brand name I understand, but this is the best magnesium I've tried.

Last edited by caranna; 03-23-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 AM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

All good advice here, when our children were stopped from seeing me, I lost 35 lbs in 14 days. Best diet I ever had, worst time of my life. Went from 195 down to 160 in 14 days.
Not a great way stress wise, but weight loss wise pretty good. 2 years later I'm back up to 189lb.
just shy of 6 feet tall.
Anyhow about sleep, if I can't sleep and I don't have our girls I get dressed and go for a 5 - 10 minute jog or power walk outside.
One other thing, coffee puts me to sleep, knocks me out cold.
Tea calms me down.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:32 AM

Dazed_and_confused is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean with having problems sleeping; I was operating on around 2 hours "sleep" per day for the first 10 days after my separation.

I typically walk to and from work each day and spend most of the day on my feet, and started doing extra walking........not in malls, or the busy downtown area, but quiet areas. The exercise is good for me and the peace and quiet was actually a welcome break from everything. I made the mistake of drinking a little too much the first few days and realized that was a path to self-destruction. I still like to have a beer with friends now more than ever, but I do not drink simply to help me sleep.

Another thing I found helpful was to get back to taking time just for me to do what I wanted to do. Too often we get so involved with family, etc. that we forget to take care of ourselves. Taking time to read a book, or watch a movie simply for mindless entertainment, or chat with long neglected friends and family online, or just put on a pair of headphones and listen to some music loud enough so that when I close my eyes I hear nothing from the surrounding environment.

Although I like hadenough's suggestion right now I think it will be some time (maybe never) before I find someone else I want to be with.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:37 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Mobile Site Preview

^ tips for better sleep ^

Last edited by hadenough; 03-24-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Well....in my case, I find running helps keep my mind away from stuff. I have done 95 marathons to date, and I was down in Hamilton this weekend running.

I have been finding it hard to sleep for months, that could just be due to my sleeping arrangement (inflated mattress on the floor since Aug last year) and and the rest of the stuff going on

I have been seeing a social worker to help through this difficult time, and the sleep question came up today. Overall, the social worker said it seems that things are moving (court papers filed, dates coming up, expectations etc), and that hopefully this whole thing can be resolved ASAP
I'm sleeping on a 30 year old pull out couch since Aug 2011. This could defiantly be an issue for me too. But I have slept fine on it for months. Maybe I'll pick up a new pillow and see if that helps.

I referee a ton of hockey in the winter (3 - 4 1/2 hour 3 times / week). That is winding down now, hit the treadmill for the first time since September last week and OMG my quads were killing me for 3 days. I just want some nice weather to get out and hit the pavement.

I'm supposed to run a 10K on April 28th. Ran the 5K last year and looking to challenge myself. Not sure if it's a good idea now lol.
Closed Thread