Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2014, 04:57 PM

Bassix is on a distinguished road
Default Should I Force Sale of Home

Here's my story. Me and ex have been living apart since January 2014. I left, she stayed in marital home (I've already been blasted on this forum for leaving, so please have some respect).

Almost six months later, ex has been receiving official child support since April (been really paying since I left), ex is still not ready to sell home. She is insisting on knowing what her spousal will be. A proposal was made that she would get $600 p/mth.

I feel that ex is dragging her feet. I need the home equity to pay off debts and to be able to provide children with a home of their own with their Dad. Can't move forward until house is sold.

Is my next move to file a motion to force sale of the home?
Old 07-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Yep, force the sale or pay her spousal support and let her pay the mortgage and stuff because it is not tax deductible now,
Old 07-20-2014, 07:57 PM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

If I could go back in time, I would have forced the sale of the home right away, and file the motion.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:35 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

If the two of you have exchanged financial information and you have an appraisal done of the home then you would have a pretty good idea of your financial situation.

I would assume that you have provided your ex with your income information so her lawyer would know the guideline range for SS (if she is eligible).

What's the hold up?

Tags
force sale of home