Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2015, 05:34 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

D8 thinks the world of me. I study with her, teach her magic, etc. We laugh and have a blast

Using the analogy of the past posters.....people shouldn ever adopt a child ...because there will be a falling out at some point

Step children should be non existant ...it just won't work

Funny lots of BLENDED families are out there....and even those relationships fail.

A friend of mine has a step son thats 29 yrs old....and his marriage to the stepsons mother failed 15 years ago....go figure that DAD and stepson are still fishing together.

LF32 switch positons ......make goldilocks a man and you a woman

This site would be all over you for abducting your child...having no job ...taking the low road with allegations against the ex...living on welfare in a subsidized dump and being a monster to your kid

Posters comments are a JOKE and as usual best to be ignored
Old 02-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

I would mention the step daughter in passing, if the judge wants to give u shared then he will use it as an added bonus.

I have read judgements where judges took into consideration step kids. It is not irrelevant.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:51 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I think your daughter is very fortunate to have the love and companionship of an older sister. You are young and it makes sense that you would move on with your life. Having a happy home is the important thing. Single people also have happy homes.

I think it does little good to critique LF32's decision to live with his girlfriend and her daughter. It is what it is. The child custody issue should be centred on the best interests of the child not on LF32's love-life.
I don't think anyone is critiquing LF's decision to move in with his girlfriend. If it's a happy arrangement for all concerned, that's great. I think what people were flagging is that if this arrangements gets presented as Kid's new sister (complete with report cards), new family, etc., it could backfire, because it's a very recent development. There isn't yet a track record of stability. And it sounds like LF gets this - the focus should be on him and Mom as parents, not on boyfriends, girlfriends, boyfriends' and girlfriends' kids, other assorted friends, etc.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:51 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I would mention the step daughter in passing, if the judge wants to give u shared then he will use it as an added bonus.

I have read judgements where judges took into consideration step kids. It is not irrelevant.
They are not married. It is not a step sister. They haven't even been dating a year yet.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:34 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I get everybody's point.

I had an established judge go over every single detail of my case, including my current living conditions. His views matched my lawyers views (and the lawyers in her office).. and a majority here .. that the current environment is a healthy one for D3 and should be brought up in court to illustrate the best interests of D3. A family dynamic. A sister. D3 has a perma smile with us from the time she gets here until the time she leaves. It's really something to watch the bonds.

Is it my entire case or focus? No.

Of course my role as a parent and my plan are number 1. It just so happens that my parenting plan is here .. providing a nice family for D3.

I cant see the judge saying .. "well, you're just going to break up .. its new .. this matters none". Motion judge didn't.

In any case I'm glad this discussion is occurring. I'm very surprized by it. I thought it was a given that a sister/best friend and g/f who has created an unbelievable bond with D3 would be a good thing. I mean, I KNOW first hand that its a good thing for D3. I'm here witnessing everything. But I didn't think people would actually think its a bad thing for the court.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 02-10-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:47 PM

To change the topic:

I just received ex's response:

She is going away for the entire long weekend to QC (surprize surprize)
and can not allow access at all on Valentines nor FAMILY DAY (which I have off being on the school board)

And yes I just got a rush of sadness. Not sure why, I knew this was coming.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:48 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I suspect that the judge's view (which he would of course not verbalize) would be simply "good for him -he's getting some."

Really this is a silly thing to be discussing at length. LF32 is in a committed relationship. PERIOD.

Lets move on to what the thread is supposed to be about.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:50 PM

I really wish she'd allow some access on Valentnes or Family day. That hurts bad.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:50 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
To change the topic:

I just received ex's response:

She is going away for the entire long weekend to QC (surprize surprize)
and can not allow access at all on Valentines nor FAMILY DAY (which I have off being on the school board)

And yes I just got a rush of sadness. Not sure why, I knew this was coming.

You are perhaps sad because you know your ex has skewered herself by yet again denying your request for access.

Don't be shedding any tears over this one. Like Mr. T. said in an earlier post - she is an "all or nothing" person who is intent on keeping you out of your daughter's life.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:54 PM

Im fighting not to reply.

I work full time. I get that day off for family. It's BS.
She sits on Welfare, travelling to QC every chance she get's.

I suppose I couldn't ask her to make family day up for another day? Does it even work like that?

Also, March Break coming up. Should I ask for some time? This would be giving her lot's of time to "not" have plans.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 02-10-2015 at 07:17 PM.