Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2010, 11:29 AM

asnf is on a distinguished road
Default Reasonable Spousal Support Offer?

I think my case will proceed to a trial, unfortunately. I live in Hamilton, Ontario area and earning approx $70,000. Married for 6 years, I have a daughter and I am the payor as well with full table amount. There is a family debt of roughly $50,000 left under my sole accountability. I have been paying spousal support with an amount I agreed during Case conference at an amount approximately $1,200. I have made offer to lower it at settlement conference but not accepted. Now, I am offering to continue to pay the same amount for the next 3 years and will be reviewed at that time. I have no means of paying more that that amount due to debt payments. I am willing to prove my case in a trial but I would also like to protect myself from costs. Is the amount ($1,200) of spousal support I am offering is reasonable? I need some advise. Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread