Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 09:00 PM

Ottawafather is on a distinguished road
Default Perspective

One thing about controlling relationships. I just had my wife leave the marriage. One of the reasons she gave was I was too "controlling". I basically gave her evertything she asked for and accomodated anytime she wanted to do things for herself. For all of that I was blamed and villanised to her friends and relatives.

My point is, it is very easy for someone to say they were/are in a certain situation merely to excuse themselves and find a reason to leave a marriage.

My wife is a liar and a cheat. I know this now. She left to basically screw a guy. Yes. there were problems in the marriage. But I certainly was not brought up to deal with problems in ways that would affect small childeren and make a spouse lose a job.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:41 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

I agree with you about it is easy to tell lies about what type of relationship people are in. The only two people who know the truth are the two in the relationship. Of course one is not going to readily admit to being controlling abusive or such things like that.

There is an old saying the goes like this;

there are three sides to every story, his side, her side and the truth.
Closed Thread