Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 04:57 PM

winterwolf7 is on a distinguished road

I'm in Ottawa too, and I live on $1830 per month. Rent basements, rental rooms in town houses, bachelors apartments. You'll never be able to afford anything else until SS ends.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

theborg is on a distinguished road

how friendly is the ex......WinterWolfe is correct btw.......shared custody u can do but there's no support for you to do it...instead of a calculator make a parenting plan ur only 6 months into this.....only 9 years till oldest kids 18
your choice...not sure about spousal doubtful it's cash for life...time limited till she uses that mba...which is ur ace in the pocket
Old 05-07-2012, 05:20 PM

thefunone is on a distinguished road

thanks guys.....appreciate the responses....have alot to think about...cheers
Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 PM

Gary M is on a distinguished road

She has an MBA? Imputed income should be in the neighbourhood of 6 figures - don't sweat the details yet, and talk to a lawyer. Seriously, take a free 30 minute consult, then book another appt just to talk.

It will be the best money you will spend in this process.

In the meantime, I've a sneaking suspicion that there are some folks here who can help set your mind at ease and point you in the right direction.

Cheers!

Gary
Old 05-07-2012, 06:13 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Recipient of SS has to pay tax on it. Add the amount of tax payable with her salary and then go from there. Person paying SS gets to claim it 100%. Lots of ways of looking at it. It's a crazy system. Imputed income makes it worse for some people as it just puts the SS recipient in a higher tax bracket. Sucks.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 PM

Gary - I agree on the imputed income...especially when the kids are in school full time...God help me but Im even willing to give her two years to find a job - she refuses...been on CanLaw...and while the courts will NEVER make a person get a job - if she torpedoes her interviews...minimizes her self worth I have to hope that a competent court see through the bs and realizes she is searching for a cash for life program....Id settle for her making 60K...hell even 45K...I dont shirk my responsibilities...but there has to be some balance...
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 PM

When at the end of the month...she has 4600.00 and I have 1400.00...and I STILL am required to pay 75% of S7...someone somewhere has to see that this is waaaaaayyyy one sided...sorry for venting....every now and again...I start to lose my mind over this nonsense
Old 05-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

theborg is on a distinguished road

I had more fun in highschool with no money, money brings nuthin but trouble...get rid of it. Regardless alot of guys here were like you,fixated on the cash, I certainly was at the start, it takes years to adjust your dreams/goals and to adjust your lifestyle....I'm not gonna say ur relationship with ur ex will get better, history shows she'll be kneeing you in the groined for a long time, but you can deal with her when your feet hit the ground (it'll be just bizzness at some point). Relax...have a beer.. study some caselaw in CANLII (those capitol "i"'s at the end not 1"s...lol)...everything unfolds over time (years) in family law...it's seems your not thinking 50-50 custody, and it's doubtful ur ex is going to offer it, she's been trained from her girlfriend skanks long before the roof caved in on you about how to get the money (if you are you better hurry she's getting the kid and your role established as I write, this is the only hurry up part this is where the chicks get ya while your confused and in complete turmoil)... I learned it's good the ex wants so much cash...it makes her accountable, she can't have a normal life, option's are there for court every other year, take her there have her fill out volumes of forms, you get to be in your kids life......if the cow doesn't want to work it'll be that much better to keep her in court for updates/ her living status/ what she ate for breakfeast last month...e.t.c. and when the support is finished someday...wat a shock for her...and no pension ...........
Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I had more fun in highschool with no money, money brings nuthin but trouble...get rid of it.
So let me get this straight:

1. You can barely form an intelligible sentence.
2. You loathe women....AND...
3. You have no money.

Oh yea, I bet you're a real hit with the ladies.

Any women out there need another ex-husband??? Canarymom???
Old 05-10-2012, 11:30 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm not gonna say ur relationship with ur ex will get better, history shows she'll be kneeing you in the groined for a long time,
Quote:
and it's doubtful ur ex is going to offer it, she's been trained from her girlfriend skanks long before the roof caved in on you about how to get the money
Quote:
if the cow doesn't want to work it'll be that much better to keep her in court for updates/ her living status/ what she ate for breakfeast last month

Hahahahahaha...you're such a clown....I wish I could take your ex out for a drink. She screwed you over thoroughly. She even screwed your mind so bad that AFTER the divorce and you are completely gross to all other women.

Hilarious...She made you into a complete anger-filled, babbling fool. LOL...your ex rocks...good for her. I honestly wish I could meet her.
Closed Thread