Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 11:41 AM

About_Time is on a distinguished road
Default New Partner Requirements

So you've been burned by divorce and have finally started looking for someone else. Has what went wrong with your last relationship given you new perspective on what you are looking for in a new partner?

I personally am being a little more stringent in what I'm looking for in a prospective partner. Here's my list of requirements, and I'd be interested in knowing what yours might be:

1. Has a job.
2. Not crazy.
3. No drama queens.

That's pretty much it. It's actually much harder to find all 3 than one would think
Old 10-09-2007, 12:49 PM

wondering50 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by About_Time
So you've been burned by divorce and have finally started looking for someone else. Has what went wrong with your last relationship given you new perspective on what you are looking for in a new partner?

I personally am being a little more stringent in what I'm looking for in a prospective partner. Here's my list of requirements, and I'd be interested in knowing what yours might be:

1. Has a job.
2. Not crazy.
3. No drama queens.

That's pretty much it. It's actually much harder to find all 3 than one would think
Has definitely given me a new perspective. I think that I have come to the conclusion that while opposites may attract, they never really understand each other, so it's probably better to seek someone closer to your own personality.

Also with respect to items 2 & 3 above, I think as you get older it gets harder to find qualifying people.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondering50
Also with respect to items 2 & 3 above, I think as you get older it gets harder to find qualifying people.
Agreed. That's it - from now on I'm not dating anyone over the age of 25
Old 10-18-2007, 11:09 PM

sufferer is on a distinguished road
Default Never though about it

Hi There,
Although separated for two years now ,I never though of a new relatioship.But after bearing him for three years my only requirement is "HE should be a HUMAN".LOL
Old 10-18-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufferer
Hi There,
Although separated for two years now ,I never though of a new relatioship.But after bearing him for three years my only requirement is "HE should be a HUMAN".LOL
Well, as human as we men get, I suppose
Old 10-24-2007, 11:39 PM

Default ;-)

Ateast that much,unless and until you men are kid enough tobe more
Old 10-24-2007, 11:42 PM

Sorry , my mistake Its KIND
Old 10-25-2007, 07:55 AM

FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

Very interesting post.

Personally I was looking for the man that was "overly" honest if that is possible without being rude and a very good sense of humour.

Someone who is able and willing to be completely open and up front with all aspects of their life and feelings is very important as there leaves no room for speculation or wonder. I do not think it is possible to find someone who is not, at some level, dramatizing. But crazy???? Well that is subjective.

Yup, open and honest with a sense of humour, because if you can laugh at yourself and your boo boo, it makes it easier. Think about it, if you’re having a bad day or things just seem to be going wrong, doesn’t it make you feel better when someone can make you laugh and laugh with you?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Needs_To_Change
But crazy???? Well that is subjective.
Not in my case. She was arrested and ordered by the court to attend psychological counselling as part of her probation order.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:38 AM

FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

That "is" very unfortunate.
And I hope things are better for you now.

Best of luck.
FL
Closed Thread