Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2016, 09:05 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Hilarious.

(We used to refer to rabbit as "T-bar" when I was young. Don't understand the T-bar reference....must be an inside joke).

I think the ability of WD being able to access everything instantaneously is brilliant. That would be extremely useful for court, particularly when a justice asks questions.... one can react on the fly. You should start a business. This would be a service invaluable to many (lawyers and self-represented people alike).
Old 06-22-2016, 09:45 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
Oh please. How simplistic. Your family and friends can surely stay home and collect welfare if they wanted to. That is what Canada is about. Everyone without an income qualifies. We take care of each other.

You know why your family and friends don't stay home and collect "free money"? Because welfare pays next to nothing. $990 or so for a parent with one child. Any child support that LF pays is taken directly off of her welfare amount. She doesn't get both.

Could you get by on $1,000 a month? I certainly can't. Most people don't collect welfare because they do not want to live at the poverty line.

What?? Taking much needed resources from someone else???

It doesn't work like that. It isn't a specific, space limited thing. A different family will not be refused welfare simply because his ex receives it. What a bizarre statement......

My family and friends work because they dont want to be on social assistance and want their kids to learn responsibility. Bottom line, they know welfare is there for those in need. LF32s ex is not in need.

His support payments are considered as income and they MAY reduce her benefits but not below the minimum living allowances for mothers with kids. The big question is has she told them. The onus is on her to advise them and their staff is limited to investigate. Shes a proven liar, she could be telling them its still in court. MYCSS is short staffed with high case loads. I wouldnt be surprised if theres a backlog and shes pulling a fast one. In a perfect world the system would work.

Where I live people cant get workfare or welfare because the city has maxed out their resources. I dont know how or why but its been in the local paper how strained the system is and how peoples benefits are being cut and reduced. Homelessness has skyrocketed and our food banks are empty. A friend worked in that office assessing cases and said she was glad she left because it was heartbreaking turning people away.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:56 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
By calling him a hero and a mogul who did amazing?
All Im saying is his ex wasn't that bright..making his job easier. Pretty sure I right. Perhaps not though.

Why would I need sympathy? You'd be singing a different tune if it were your ex..guaranteed. I never had your sympathy and I will never need it. LMAO

Yep..totally the same thing. lol Seasonal work is work. So compare people who sit on their arses refusing to work to construction workers, teachers, etc. Pretty grotesque stuff. But .. thanks for your cash. I appreciate it. :-)

there you go again...saying what/how someone would react. You cannot guarantee what I would or would not do. You know nothing of me and my experiences in life to know what I would do. You do the same thing with the way you feel the judges will react. You are not the judge and have no knowledge on how s/he will react to things.

Look everyone thinks your ex should be working, most people are telling you its too soon to take this to court especially with an order with no teeth. Maybe time for the mods to close this thread as your question has been answered many times.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:28 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

No .. please don't close this thread just because some posters dislike my threads and egg me on at every corner.

Tayken and others have continued to post some interesting, informative stuff and I'm continuing to learn more about how all this financial stuff works.

If you feel like my thread should be closed based on your subjective opinions .. please feel free to venture elsewhere.

Good convo going on here.

LF32
Old 06-23-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Where I live people cant get workfare or welfare because the city has maxed out their resources. I dont know how or why but its been in the local paper how strained the system is and how peoples benefits are being cut and reduced. Homelessness has skyrocketed and our food banks are empty. A friend worked in that office assessing cases and said she was glad she left because it was heartbreaking turning people away.
Happening more and more. I didn't think this would have been a discussion. She's on Welfare and doesn't need to be and ripping off the system, which is simply not right.
I'll hazard a quick guess that if it were me remaining on Welfare with an under-the-table operation at my home, forcing my ex to pay full table CS .. that I would be scorned left, right and center by some of these same posters. Funny how that works.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:31 AM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

So if you know she has an under the table daycare, operating in her subsidized home, while she collects welfare why do you not report her?

People only screw the system because others let them. You can call the city and put in an anonymous complaint. There are too many unlicensed day cares which do not have the best interests of children while operating under the standards set by local authorities.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:34 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You cant live on welfare. Its not enough money. Even with her subsidized housing she would still be in the hole. Which is why I think she hasnt informed them of your cs payments or her daycare business. If you were on workfare yourself they would have the cross information but recipients have to provide notification of any income. My mother was on disability when we were teens and she had to submit monthly a form that showed any increases to income and her efforts to get support from my father. We used to write his address and where we knew he was working every month and nothing ever happened. The system isnt as simple as people make it out to be. Why would she report money if it means losing any?
Old 06-23-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You cant live on welfare. Its not enough money. Even with her subsidized housing she would still be in the hole. Which is why I think she hasnt informed them of your cs payments or her daycare business. If you were on workfare yourself they would have the cross information but recipients have to provide notification of any income. My mother was on disability when we were teens and she had to submit monthly a form that showed any increases to income and her efforts to get support from my father. We used to write his address and where we knew he was working every month and nothing ever happened. The system isnt as simple as people make it out to be. Why would she report money if it means losing any?
Yes, that's another thing. The order states that we are to exchange our NOA's on May 1st each year. Ex hasn't done that either.

Interestingly, she said she hasn't received her CS payment from FRO this month. Which is weird because not only did my money get deducted but FRO double dipped (2 CS payments) .. leaving me a bit screwed.

Ex is asking me (in front of kid) to send me my bank statements where it came out and said i could black out all other details. Can you believe it? She says that FRO won't call her back. So even with FRO I can't avoid her talking finances. Since day 1 it's been about money.

And Rockscan is correct .. very hard to live on Welfare. Especially when she owns a car and travels to QC weekly. That costs a pretty penny alone.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:14 AM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Fro only really responds to genuine polite callers. My daughters ex has just cried foul on FRO, as they garnished his income tax refund for arrears lol. He said he did not know about it, but I have spoken with FRO and they assured me he was sent 3 notices of impending Federal Garnishment and that they never prices any enforcement without making sure the payor is informed. They use lawyers and move slowly through the system giving all Payors plenty of notice 30 days of their intentions.

Now as a payor you would be able to work with your FRO rep and ensure payments are made appropriately.

LF I would suggest you ask to be put online with FRO. It's nice to be able to monitor the account anytime you want. Plus you cannot send I. Requests and information rather than rely on fax and phone calls.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 AM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

Sigh.....isn't this guy once your son in-law? You said your daughter and the ex are both military, which if they aren't Officers (commissioned), will have at least high school education as (non-commissioned members)......why isn't she not calling FRO, and you are meddling in their business?

We are talking about an adult here (grown woman) aren't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
My daughters ex has just cried foul on FRO, as they garnished his income tax refund for arrears lol. He said he did not know about it, but I have spoken with FRO and they assured me he was sent 3 notices of impending Federal Garnishment and that they never prices any enforcement without making sure the payor is informed. .