Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2016, 07:19 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have to agree with other posters and you seem dismissive of all that WD accomplished and the hard work he had to put in.
By calling him a hero and a mogul who did amazing?
All Im saying is his ex wasn't that bright..making his job easier. Pretty sure I right. Perhaps not though.

Quote:
I notice one of your ways to try and gain sympathy is to use the fact she is living on taxpayers money.
Why would I need sympathy? You'd be singing a different tune if it were your ex..guaranteed. I never had your sympathy and I will never need it. LMAO

Quote:
Heck my taxes are paying for your EI...just saying.
Yep..totally the same thing. lol Seasonal work is work. So compare people who sit on their arses refusing to work to construction workers, teachers, etc. Pretty grotesque stuff. But .. thanks for your cash. I appreciate it. :-)
Old 06-22-2016, 08:10 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default Need a boost

LF32 pays a portion of his EI and there are eligibility issues. He wouldnt get it if he hadnt worked. Welfare is free for those who have kids. If his ex didnt have a child she would have WORKfare and would have to submit job search info and do jobs the send her to for her money. My family and friends all have to go to work to pay for their kids. Im sure they would love to sit at home and collect free money. LF32s ex has been out of work for several years now. She is capable of working but uses her kid as an excuse. Much like she used her kid as an excuse to get as far as she did in this case. I dont find it remotely fair that shes not only screwing the system but thumbing her nose at it by working under the table. Regardless of what their agreement says or that the judge told her directly to get a freaking job, shes taking much needed resources from a mother/father with children who desperately need it. SHE DOESNT NEED WELFARE.

ETA: government jobs are 37.25=full time. Municipal jobs are 35=full time. Majority of part time jobs specify 25 hours or LESS as part time. 40 hours a week is not necessarily the rule for full time. If she does get work, you ask for a copy of her contract.

Last edited by rockscan; 06-22-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:25 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
LF32 pays a portion of his EI and there are eligibility issues. He wouldnt get it if he hadnt worked. Welfare is free for those who have kids. If his ex didnt have a child she would have WORKfare and would have to submit job search info and do jobs the send her to for her money. My family and friends all have to go to work to pay for their kids. Im sure they would love to sit at home and collect free money. LF32s ex has been out of work for several years now. She is capable of working but uses her kid as an excuse. Much like she used her kid as an excuse to get as far as she did in this case. I dont find it remotely fair that shes not only screwing the system but thumbing her nose at it by working under the table. Regardless of what their agreement says or that the judge told her directly to get a freaking job, shes taking much needed resources from a mother/father with children who desperately need it. SHE DOESNT NEED WELFARE.

ETA: government jobs are 37.25=full time. Municipal jobs are 35=full time. Majority of part time jobs specify 25 hours or LESS as part time. 40 hours a week is not necessarily the rule for full time. If she does get work, you ask for a copy of her contract.
Thanks for this info Rock. Many share your sentiments on Welfare, EI and the other issues you speak about. ODF can be an interesting place. :-)
Old 06-22-2016, 08:31 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My family and friends all have to go to work to pay for their kids. Im sure they would love to sit at home and collect free money.
Oh please. How simplistic. Your family and friends can surely stay home and collect welfare if they wanted to. That is what Canada is about. Everyone without an income qualifies. We take care of each other.

You know why your family and friends don't stay home and collect "free money"? Because welfare pays next to nothing. $990 or so for a parent with one child. Any child support that LF pays is taken directly off of her welfare amount. She doesn't get both.

Could you get by on $1,000 a month? I certainly can't. Most people don't collect welfare because they do not want to live at the poverty line.

Quote:
Shes taking much needed resources from a mother/father with children who desperately need it. SHE DOESNT NEED WELFARE.
What?? Taking much needed resources from someone else???

It doesn't work like that. It isn't a specific, space limited thing. A different family will not be refused welfare simply because his ex receives it. What a bizarre statement......
Old 06-22-2016, 08:34 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

So, just to clarify LF, your financial issues are fine now?

You seem to still be focused on collecting your own child support from ex. (Despite all the excellent advice you have received here.)
Old 06-22-2016, 08:38 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
My brief case was just as big as WD's for my trial.
Really? I actually helped him carry his to the court house. Lets just say you can assume a lot of things but his takes a few trips to the car to carry in full. Two grown adults too.

Doesn't help that he printed it on almost card stock. Which is quite funny if you know the reason why.

Last edited by Tayken; 06-22-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:44 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I don't understand the "offset" child support thing that you guys always talk about (yes I should read up on it).

If someone were to get a minimum wage job (21k/yr) - 1700.00/mth gross. Then you add the child benefit (400.00?)

On welfare a single mother gets 1000.00/mth?

I don't get why someone would want to stay on welfare, unless they were working for significant cash under-the-table and/or get other benefits (cheap housing/free legal/free dental/prescriptions/daycare).

So let's say LF32 makes 50k and ex makes 22k. What does that equate to in terms of child support? Does the 22k income make alot of difference in what LF32 would pay in CS?

If LF32 pays CS now, with wife on welfare, what is the amount he is paying based on? Was this a new amount derived at time of his last court thing or is this just an amount that has stuck from what he started with?

I don't think LF32's lawyer insisted that the two exchange income so that's probably not in their agreement. I know people on this forum who bitch and complain regularly about ex not revealing income. Why is it different in LF32's situation? If his ex is making income, in addition to her welfare, should that not be accounted for? Would show a pattern of her character (of being dishonest) as well as prove she is capable of working?
Old 06-22-2016, 08:48 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Really? I actually helped him carry his to the court house. Lets just say you can assume a lot of things but his takes a few trips to the car to carry in full. Two grown adults too.

Doesn't help that he printed it on almost card stock. Which is quite funny if you know the reason why.

I seem to recall that you and WD had quite the visual display as well did you not?

Okay I bite. Why did he use "almost card stock"?
Old 06-22-2016, 08:52 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I don't understand the "offset" child support thing that you guys always talk about (yes I should read up on it).
Simple math formula. When the mater is deemed to be "shared custody" - a situation where there is a 60/40 split on access (minimum). You take the full table support that both parents would pay and subtract the lower of the two from the higher. The higher would pay the lower the difference or the "off set".

Quote:
So let's say LF32 makes 50k and ex makes 22k. What does that equate to in terms of child support? Does the 22k income make alot of difference in what LF32 would pay in CS?
In that case LF32 would pay mom $274 a month. Mom making 0.0$ it is $450.

MySupportCalculator.ca works well for this kind of stuff.

LF32 unfortunately has to pay full table support because mom is making 0$. He wants her to make something (min 40,000 is standard) to reduce his monthly offset payment. For example if he makes 50,000 and mom makes 40,000 then he would only pay 90$ a month and not $450.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I seem to recall that you and WD had quite the visual display as well did you not?
He scans in everything and presents with a projector. Everything he does is in a database and indexed. He can find anything at any time and project it. He also has hard copies. It is quite the setup he does. He also has everything on his fablet.

Quote:
Okay I bite. Why did he use "almost card stock"?
Made the file way a few hundred pounds and someone likes to carry around the whole file with them to every appearance. Nothing funnier than watching someone in a white rabbit fur coat with white rabbit fur boots in a jean skirt trying to lug massive court records around that are useless.