Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2016, 04:10 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioDaddy View Post
Do you have any proof she is working, or that she's making more than the allowable amount? Reporting seems vengeful.
Yes I do have proof. Vengeful? Umm .. okay.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:41 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Yep. I prepared so well that I was able to avoid trial and get what I want (aside for minor CS stuff) .. which is usually the primary objective. WD was unable to accomplish this and as you said .. is still headed for another trial.

I'm very proud of that. .

My brief case was just as big as WD's for my trial. I was organized, ready to self rep and prepared to make waves n canlii as well. I think OP knew that and folded quickly. WD's ex wasn't clever enough to fold.
I thought that your ex got her legal aid funds cut off? If so then that is what helped you the most. and why she would cave. With WD his ex wanted to take it all the way and no matter how much he prepared he was forced to go to trial. He also stopped her from trying to wipe out the many cost awards he received by stopping her from claiming them in a bankruptcy.

I am not saying that you could be as good as WD because you haven't faced what he has. Not sure about the size of your brief case compared to WDs either. I know he had lots of material. You shouldn't compare yourself to him either or put yourself in the same class as him till you have went through everything he has. I have to agree with other posters and you seem dismissive of all that WD accomplished and the hard work he had to put in. The comment about all he had to do was sit back and watch the fireworks was belittling his work, time and effort he put into his case. I am sure you probably didn't mean it that way though.

As others have told you, your order has no teeth so you probably wouldn't win. I think a judge will say give a full year.

I notice one of your ways to try and gain sympathy is to use the fact she is living on taxpayers money. Well there are lots of stuff my taxes pay for that I don't agree with. She is just a very, very, very small drop in the bucket. Heck my taxes are paying for your EI...just saying.

Last edited by standing on the sidelines; 06-22-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:43 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Give me the details and Ill report her. Its my tax dollars too.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:17 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I haven't heard any "proof", but maybe there is. Reporting it is still a crapshoot with an outcome of no relevance to you. Just start paying ss and go for the sure cut off. It still won't affect your case, but it'll stop you from worrying about our taxes.
very true. It could turn out worse for LF. Like you said though, he wont have to worry about our taxes anymore. He shouldn't be worried about my expenses though. I look after myself quite well.
what one person considers "proof" and what welfare considers "proof" may be totally different.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:36 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Give me the details and Ill report her. Its my tax dollars too.
Ditto.

pfft...it aint vengeful one iota. The woman can and should be working and MIGHT be committing fraud. I'm sure the provincial welfare police are well-equipped to investigate and make a decision. This is exactly what the hotlines are for.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I haven't heard any "proof", but maybe there is. Reporting it is still a crapshoot with an outcome of no relevance to you. Just start paying ss and go for the sure cut off. It still won't affect your case, but it'll stop you from worrying about our taxes.
As far as I know he pays no SS.

If his ex were to be cut off welfare and forced to work then it would, most definitely, be of relevance to him.

You are correct, however, in one of your previous posts in that welfare recipients are able to work and collect benefits. The program is supposed to encourage people to get off their arses and work.

Perhaps now that she isn't in the throws of litigation and requiring the bountiful, never ending LEGAL AID that welfare recipients receive, a little nudge from the welfare police will be all it takes to encourage her to get meaningful employment. Bitching and gurning about this whole matter does little good. If one thinks someone is cheating taxpayers it is incumbent upon taxpayers to report the individual.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:11 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Reporting Mom isn't going to resolve Dad's financial issues - she still won't have any legitimate income to report. And tiplines (aka ratlines) typically don't prioritize complaints by ex-spouses.

It sounds like the problem is that LF is already in an offset (50/50) situation, but it doesn't feel like one. Because Mom's guideline income is $0, her offset amount is also $0, so Dad ends up paying Mom the amount for his guideline income with zero reduction by Mom's offset amount.

I would say wait until Kid is in school full time and then pursue the imputation question. There will be no question then that Mom has the ability to work. Read up on "intentional underemployment". These other things (reporting Mom for welfare fraud, whether Mom is running an illegal daycare, whether she has to find a job, etc) are just distractions and don't actually deal with Dad's problem, which is money.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:27 PM

Rockscan offered to report the woman. These rat lines are anonymous. Any "heat" put on the ex would perhaps get her off her arse to start thinking about work. CRA (Federal) doesn't take complains from an ex seriously, however, I believe a provincial welfare department is entirely different. I don't have any personal experience with this so you might be right on the money Stripes.

I think once the incompetent lawyer's bill is taken care of life will be better. It can't be easy to be paying for crapola.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:43 PM

Hey LF32 - just noticed this on the Huffington Post:

Budtenders Wanted: Canada's Coolest Weed Jobs

Perhaps a sideline for you or employment for your ex??
Old 06-22-2016, 06:56 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Budtenders...bahahaha :-)

Regarding offset, order states this occurs when she works full time...not now...which makes ONDaddy correct, she could work 39 hours and be good. Sheesh!

Concerning the Welfare thing. This is what's wrong with the system. People advocating not to report peeps who are taking advantage of it and .. well .. breaking the law. Not sure what I'm going to do there.

Oh .. no I'm not paying any SS.

The comments regarding WD. No I didn't experience what WD did .. but it's interesting to hear that I wouldn't be able to do what he did if I was in a similar boat. But that's okay, I know what I'm capable of, I don't need to listen to peeps on odf telling me I couldn't if I were in that situation. Jst another lil' low blow that I'm pretty immune to here.

In any case...I'm still super happy that it's all 50/50. Can't beat that!

Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-22-2016 at 07:01 PM.