Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,048
Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough
Default

I think that you both made mistakes in your relationships and are now paying the price and can't handle it. Have a great night!
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:15 PM
mcdreamy's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,414
mcdreamy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once.is.enough View Post
So you think he thinks all women are blood suckers? Or you think that I think he thinks only some women are blood suckers? Maybe you think he thinks I think most women given the opportunity are blood suckers? WTF do you think?

I KNOW your obtuse for bringing his mother into the conversation.
And I think YOU are obtuse for once again choosing to personally attack after it has been explained to you, by several mods no less, how attacks will not be permitted.

Would you care to amend your post, or would you like me to do it for you?
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 217
Once.is.enough is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
And I think YOU are obtuse for once again choosing to personally attack after it has been explained to you, by several mods no less, how attacks will not be permitted.

Would you care to amend your post, or would you like me to do it for you?
I will amend it. I hope the other attack posts gets the same public admonishment.

I would own a black dog. If I had too.

I hope that's what you were referring to.

If not could you just do your censor thing because I don't know what you think I might think is an attack.

Btw I hope I didn't hurt any coloured dogs feelings.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:47 PM
mcdreamy's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,414
mcdreamy is on a distinguished road
Default

When either black and/or white dogs start posting here, I'll start worrying about their concerns as well.

In the interim, respect your fellow posters, respect the forum. Try to bear in mind, if you are going to participate in a discussion that necessitates debate, don't get personal. Attempt to focus on intelligent discussion. You might just have it in you, past history disregarded.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 217
Once.is.enough is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
When either black and/or white dogs start posting here, I'll start worrying about their concerns as well.

In the interim, respect your fellow posters, respect the forum. Try to bear in mind, if you are going to participate in a discussion that necessitates debate, don't get personal. Attempt to focus on intelligent discussion. You might just have it in you, past history disregarded.
I will try. My dog reads with me regularity but I wouldn't dare let him post here. He is a dominate male who had his testicles removed by a female vet. He tends to be a little resentful against females


I hope that doesn't offend any other male posters who find themselves in a similar position.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:04 PM
mcdreamy's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,414
mcdreamy is on a distinguished road
Default

I'll pray for your dog, poor boy, to have to suffer. No offense intended to posters whom don't pray.

So... I think this is 3rd warning over-all to you, no?

eta: it's hard to keep track of how many times mods have edited/deleted your posts.

Last edited by mcdreamy; 06-20-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,143
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
It can, but it is more commonly used as a suggestion.

I work at a law firm. If I read an agreement saying that we "should" do something, I'd point it out to the client that they other side wants something to happen, but there isn't an obligated to actually do it.

It is like say "You should get something to eat." I am by no means telling you that you have to, but making a suggestion based off an observation.
Just arguing this for entertainment value that the meaning of the word should is defined by context and its a "subjective" word depending on the context or situation.

If you think of all the ways it is used its generally just below "must" which is an ORDER.

I would rank the words:
-Might Consider: Just my 2c
-Suggest: At you discretion
-Should: Clearly beneficial to do
-Must: Order

and I'd say - yes if it comes to welfare of children very few things are "musts" so when there is a "should" and in that context it means they take it pretty serious (just from my reading).

however, i dont actually beleive they'd take kids away from somebody for sharing a room due to lack of finances, perhaps more that if you could afford it you should do it.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,143
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
She isn't on welfare because dad took off - she is on welfare because she is poor. Being a single mother =/= being poor. We've already made it clear than single mothers earn the equivalent of 50k gross.
I didn't mean in this case specifically, I just mean the common causal relationship between single mothers, poverty and welfare.

They aren't poor because because of being a single mother - its because they have no decent career prospects, ambitions to train/relearn, and they get so much support that it counteracts the incentive. Why lose welfare to work at wal-mart?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Actually you are wrong... she was in college trying to get a career, the kids were in day care and Dad was working. It was their agreement that she would focus on school, like many couples do. He decided to not come home one night, text her and said it was over. He moved 4 hours away. She could no longer afford school or daycare. About 6 months later he came back and they tried to work things out, well he ended up beating the crap out of her, IN FRONT OF HIS CHILDREN... and then walked out and left her laying there. He has avoided all court action for his criminal offence.
I am sorry for her situation if its true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
I am not sure where you get your facts but I truly hope no women you know has to go through this.
The single mothers earn 50k fact? - its from my latest research.
http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...parents-17730/




Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Do you have a daughter?
I hope no one ever lays a hand on her
Me too - part of the reason nobody will ever hurt her is because they know her father would make them regret every breath they take and wish for death as an escape - "Fathers an important counter child abuse tool "


Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
and I hope she never has children, because clearly you have a sick view of women.. how sad for your mother.
I hope she does, she can cash in on child support and live off welfare and i'll funnel her money on the sided - kidding

My mom owns her own business and she has been working their 6 days a week for 20 years AND she stayed home to raise and would pick me up from school everyday as well AND they put me through private school. A phenomenal woman that I can never ever repay and if most people including me were worth her pinky the world would be a better place. My father is awesome too, and so are my children in fact most people in my entire extended family are hard working and successful - we often marry losers though.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:52 PM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,143
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Actually no, my opinion on his view of women is because all he talks about is how women are blood suckers. Clearly he is upset about the decisions he made in his relationship and doesn't want to take any responsibility for it.
You're calling me sexist - #1 thats an insult but I get no justice - I think nowadays being called a sexist or misogynist i like 2 steps above rapist or something.

No, I don't think all women are blood suckers. In fact I think there should be spousal support as I've mentioned many times and people are entitled to that..

Is my ex, a loser bloodsucker - yes! But I can't speak to statistically how many women are like her. I am sure/hope some/many women aren't. There is no statistic on how many women make real efforts to support themselves after a divorce so I really have no idea how many women are bloodsuckers.

Globally, I'm more concerned with the "system" because it creates entitlement I believe.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 119
vocircuspants is on a distinguished road
Default

The rental property is gone back to the bank. I'm not interested in calling CAS as I think it would be a waste of time.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Last Hurdle Pursuinghappiness Financial Issues 26 05-31-2013 10:08 PM
Money in Trust Fund Nae Divorce & Family Law 2 03-14-2012 11:56 AM
lies, deceit and money!!!! tugofwar Divorce & Family Law 30 11-14-2011 04:17 PM
Spouse wants money CNR Common Law Issues 8 01-22-2008 08:51 PM
Kicked out - no money, no work permit, no help phaidros52 Financial Issues 8 12-07-2005 07:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.