Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 12:28 AM

SomeGuy is on a distinguished road

Neither of us have a pension.

I have for the most part been an independent contractor, worked hard and saved diligently, and been fully responsible for my own retirement. My RRSP is equalized....

She has never worked and is loaded (through inheritance) and is simply a financial disaster zone.

In theory Rioe, I know what you're trying to say... but the more I learn, my case quite unique in terms of it's subtleties...

Financially diligent person + Financial disaster person + Ontario Family Law + rule of 65 = living nightmare.

I could write a book.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:59 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

curious - when did she inherit?
Old 09-08-2013, 07:23 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
My story around the water cooler is developing into "she had this offer 2.5 years ago.. only the lawyers won". I'm a living, breathing, textbook example of this.
Sounds like the other party was locked in a situation similar as to the one outlined here:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...-lawyer-15992/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
No short term intention to challenge. My best case would have been 16 years of support anyway, so a bit of time to figure out the next steps ...

Cheers
Remember, retirement is a material change in circumstance and SS will adjust to your income based on your retirement.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 09-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Sax is on a distinguished road

Wow, I really feel like I got off easy .... we settled after 2 mediation appointments. He took all property and debts and paid me a settlement plus I keep my income (no spouse payments) and all of my investments including my pension. Done. Woo Hoo!
Closed Thread