Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2006, 05:45 PM

Fresh Starts is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for a book

Hi everyone:

I am not sure where else I am suppose to post this question, so I chose here.

I am looking for a book (I don't know the name/ or if there is even a book out there that could help) that may help me with dealing with my 11 year old son.

I have been seperated from his father from the last two years and my son has as much access to his father as he wants. However my ex always has some excuse why he can't take them out etc.... the ex has (in my opinion) deserted his kids. The 11 year old/ who is also the youngest is taking this very hard.

He is very angry all the time, and I don't know how to help him. So I am looking for a book that may help me try to understand what I can do to help him, and how I can get him to understand..... ?

Any help would be great.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:01 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Fresh Starts,

There is an abundance of books available on the subject, but I highly recommend parenting classes which are available free all over Ontario. At different times throughout the year they have courses that are geared towards the effects of Divorce and Separation on children. Contact your nearest Ontario early years centre for information on these available parental classes.

http://www.ontarioearlyyears.ca/oeyc/en/home.htm

lv
Old 11-17-2006, 11:44 PM

madhuri is on a distinguished road
Default the 11 year old

i know its very hard situation for you and your son but same case with one of my friend and she took her doctor's help who just suggessted to be extra calm,extra loving towards the child but ignore his irritating behaviour
Old 11-18-2006, 01:07 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Fresh Starts,

Have you checked at www.amazon.ca for the book?

Reasonable price books are located there.

lv
Closed Thread