Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 02:54 PM

BitHunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother View Post
I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs.
That's the problem right there!

If the child is already a grown-up, then what's the problem? When sharing the property is completed, all ends! You never need to talk to or see your ex! Even better: you can freely move to (almost) any countries in the world, or anywhere here in Canada, and spend the rest of your life happily with skiing or scuba diving or wine making! I wish I was in your place!!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:58 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

I agree Caranna, we have to be open to a new life if we are ever to get over the 'old' one.

Today, the roof is leaking, and every drop in the bucket drives me nuts. Somebody from the Bank called to complain about my STBX CC bills being late. Oh! what fun .....

Tomorrow will be better.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:02 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
I agree Caranna, we have to be open to a new life if we are ever to get over the 'old' one.

Today, the roof is leaking, and every drop in the bucket drives me nuts. Somebody from the Bank called to complain about my STBX CC bills being late. Oh! what fun .....

Tomorrow will be better.
That is the key phrase, there will be bad days but there will be good days. Eventually the good days will be plentiful and the bad days will be far and few between.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:23 PM

Grateful is on a distinguished road

The best advice I got was to go to therapy. With no insurance and bills coming out of every corner, it seemed totally indulgent.. But it's the best money I've spent IN MY LIFE. 4 sessions with a (very skilled) therapist and my head was back on straight. Not just re: my ex, but in regards to other negative relationships as well. I wasn't looking for a long-term relationship with someone who would help me analyze all aspects of my life. I needed the equivalent of ER therapy :-) Strategies and coping skills to make it through.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:48 PM

caranna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post

Tomorrow will be better.
Janibel, I hope that you can get the STBX to fund the roof repair/replacement, as a leaky roof can considerably lower your houses' value and you want to sell it soon. As I have sole title to the house, I have been paying for every expense.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:07 AM

I wish that I could get him to fix the place up - he's a carpenter and it would be simple for him. The problem is the restraining order. I don't dare call him for anything as this would harm my credibility ( at least that's what my lawyer has advised ).

STBX claims to have no money and I sure can't afford to hire a roofer to do the job. I'll have to bug my lawyer and see what he thinks about this.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
The best advice I got was to go to therapy.I needed the equivalent of ER therapy :-) Strategies and coping skills to make it through.
I agree, I did have some free therapy at the Domestic Violence Center and it really helped a lot. There were men there as well (can happen to anyone).
What was surprising to me was the diversity of ages and situations. There really is no 'typical' victim - could be anyone with a heart.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:21 PM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitHunter View Post
That's the problem right there!

If the child is already a grown-up, then what's the problem? When sharing the property is completed, all ends! You never need to talk to or see your ex! Even better: you can freely move to (almost) any countries in the world, or anywhere here in Canada, and spend the rest of your life happily with skiing or scuba diving or wine making! I wish I was in your place!!!!!
That's it and I always knew there is something wrong with me in this department.

Just trust me, you don't want to be envious of my situation, just trust me on this and between us girls, the child in the middle of the fight is not even my child (in a sense)!

Now you are confused, aren't you?
Old 06-23-2013, 07:45 PM

How can a child be not yours in a sense? She is or she isn't no?

Over the years I've learned NOT to be envious of anyone. A lot of us suffer from the 'grass-is-greener' syndrome, and it's usually a mistake.

Years ago, I was amazed with my neighbors who managed to both purchase new cars every 2 or 3 years - had a big McMansion type home. Later (when they were divorced), she admitted that they where up to their wazoo in debts. Live n' learn.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:43 PM

sos2013 is on a distinguished road

One step at a time!! Finally ending a financially, emotionally, and physically abusive relationship after 18 years...finally!!! LOL I am working 3-5 jobs all the time and thankful everyday that I can work now. I was in such a black hole, working seemed impossible. Time does make a difference...give yourself time. I wish you all the best...all of you!! Blessings to each of you!!! BTW...I think I will get my hair cut...it's been a few years!!!
Closed Thread