Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2013, 05:05 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post

He was the father to 3 children himself but the reality is that his and my ex's wife acts broke 2 homes and damaged the lives of 5 children they conspired to slander me and did other things....

That is the point here, so many lives have been upturned because of this ********'s selfish gratification.

I didn't kill him: destiny, god or karma killed him (believe what you will)
I'm pleased not by his death, but knowing that his ex and children are probably better off today. Greater powers at work here, for sure.

I shared this story because a lot of people feel down in the dumps and wonder if their cheating spouse will ever "pay" for their indiscretions and as you can see from this story and a few others, sometimes it happens - you don't need to do anything let karma,god, destiny take care of them.

Very good point - wishing harm on others usually backfires on us regardless of how much it is deserved. At times I do feel down in the dumps as my Ex behaved very unfairly towards me - and still does. I'm not happy when things go bad for him, though to be honest it's damm satisfying when they do .... it validates all the **** we go through because of them!

the grass not greener on the other side but she left the comfort of the oasis for mirage of the desert.
As many do and learn to regret with time ....
Old 11-16-2013, 12:09 AM

stripes is on a distinguished road

The "consequences" the sleazy cousin suffered are nothing compared to what his wife and kids (innocent bystanders) will be enduring for the rest of their lives. He's dead and gone; they're going to be living with the aftereffects of his violent death forever. No insurance payout can undo that trauma.

To me, karma or cosmic justice or whatever you want to call it is when we reap the consequences of our own actions - positive or negative. Not when other innocents are forced to suffer for reasons beyond their control. I don't see anything good about a murder that left three kids fatherless, no matter how much of a jerk that father was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I don't believe Links17 was condoning murder at all and to allude to that is ridiculous.

His then-wife created a shit storm and destroyed their marriage. He is simply expressing his satisfaction that his ex has finally suffered SOME consequence for her actions.

Hooray for ricochet of karma!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:10 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
The "consequences" the sleazy cousin suffered are nothing compared to what his wife and kids (innocent bystanders) will be enduring for the rest of their lives. He's dead and gone; they're going to be living with the aftereffects of his violent death forever. No insurance payout can undo that trauma.

To me, karma or cosmic justice or whatever you want to call it is when we reap the consequences of our own actions - positive or negative. Not when other innocents are forced to suffer for reasons beyond their control. I don't see anything good about a murder that left three kids fatherless, no matter how much of a jerk that father was.
that was the point I was trying to make, if he would have done the same to Ex is this sad tale then that would have been Karma. For him to be murdered isn't Karma at all. The ex really never reaped any consequences, she will mourn then move on to the next guy.

Would it have been Karma for the innocent wife and kids of the murdered guy it the ex would have been murdered? Just putting that out there.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:06 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Perhaps the use of the word "Karma" was inaccurate then.

With that said and keeping the "K" word out of things, I can understand the OP being somewhat satisfied that things in life were not so rosy for the person who had initiated his divorce making his life miserable.

If someone punches you in the face, then falls and skins their knees, it is a normal human reaction (in my opinion) to be somewhat pleased that the offender suffered the skinned knees.

Another example would be when my ex finally gets nailed by MEP and, in the process it is brought to light that he hid money not just from me but from current partner, now that would be SWEETNESS defined. Yes I would indeed be extremely pleased.

I think this is basically all the OP was trying to express.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:30 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't believe Links17 was condoning murder at all and to allude to that is ridiculous.

His then-wife created a shit storm and destroyed their marriage. He is simply expressing his satisfaction that his ex has finally suffered SOME consequence for her actions.

Hooray for ricochet of karma!
Quote:
Perhaps the use of the word "Karma" was inaccurate then.

With that said and keeping the "K" word out of things, I can understand the OP being somewhat satisfied that things in life were not so rosy for the person who had initiated his divorce making his life miserable.

If someone punches you in the face, then falls and skins their knees, it is a normal human reaction (in my opinion) to be somewhat pleased that the offender suffered the skinned knees.

Another example would be when my ex finally gets nailed by MEP and, in the process it is brought to light that he hid money not just from me but from current partner, now that would be SWEETNESS defined. Yes I would indeed be extremely pleased.

I think this is basically all the OP was trying to express.
I get it. I'm not trying to paint him as an a$$hole or anything.
I totally understand the glee that may be boiling under the surface.
We are all emotional creatures, after all.

It's just kind of harsh, and I hope the OP has some self-reproach for feeling that way. In fact he indicates he does.

I'm no better, and would likely be feeling some of the same things.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:18 PM

firhill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretchedotis View Post
I totally understand the glee that may be boiling under the surface.
We are all emotional creatures, after all.
I'm guessing many NCP's that would "die for joint custody"would feel the same.

As much as I'd like to see my daughter have two custodial parents, if the court orders she only have one then I think that one should be me.

Having said that, if my child's mother died, I might view it as "in the best interests of the child".
Old 11-16-2013, 07:15 PM

caranna is on a distinguished road

This is an interesting thread. I admire those posters who admit to having death wishes now and then. Don't we all? Especially on a divorce thread. We are human. As long as we don't act on them. Also it is not in our best interests to tell anyone, either the enemy or anyone else, that we wish our opponents ill, whether dead or alive.

if you dig a hole for someone else, you will eventually fall in it. If you set a negative energy in motion, it will come back to you.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:05 AM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
I don't know what to say to this, except maybe that it's only funny in the movies, not in real life.

You consider it good karma that someone on the periphery of your marriage breakdown was murdered? Kind of makes me fear for what you are looking forward to seeing happen to your ex.
I am more curious what she is looking forward to seeing happen to him (OP).

No, I am NOT wishing anybody to die, in case you wonder. Karma is karma, just KARMA. We are paying for absolutely everything we do, bad and/or good. No exceptions on our gender, age or perfect/imperfect English.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:30 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caranna View Post
This is an interesting thread. I admire those posters who admit to having death wishes now and then. Don't we all? Especially on a divorce thread. We are human. As long as we don't act on them. Also it is not in our best interests to tell anyone, either the enemy or anyone else, that we wish our opponents ill, whether dead or alive.

if you dig a hole for someone else, you will eventually fall in it. If you set a negative energy in motion, it will come back to you.
I never once have wished death on anyone. Not even my first ex who beat me and abused me emotionally, mentally and physically. I go by the old saying the best revenge is living well. I refuse to let them control my life and wishing death on them would be a way that they still exhibit that control. It means that they still have a place in my head and I refuse to allow that.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 AM

caranna is on a distinguished road

Well SOS, then you are bigger than I.

My to be ex was extremely abusive throughout the 42 year marriage, emotionally and mentally, and there was a time he beat me on the face so badly I had to stay home for 2 weeks, because I didn't want anyone to know. I was protecting him.

Next morning I woke up not even recognizing myself, as my face was so badly bruised and swollen, made his breakfast as usual and pretended that everything was ok. Nothing was said about his assault for a very long time. I hid his abuse from everyone, even family, for decades, pretending the marriage was "perfect". People thought he was a great guy, so I guess I was an enabler. He never apologized, except when I asked him for one decades later, and he yelled, "I'm sorry, are you happy now?" Far from a sincere and heartfelt one.

Yes, I have had those fantasies, but they were only that...fantasies. I would never act on them. If I saw him bleeding on the roadside, I would help him. I have moved on with my life and have found peace.
Closed Thread