Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 10:43 PM

baldclub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysingle View Post
It's been my experience to wait till the sep/divorce is over with before embarking on a new relationship. Don't beat yourself up, though, about being involved at this time.

Could you have imagined the insanity of family court beforehand? No
My kids never met any women I dated for over a year and a half I would say, they just knew I was focused on them only. My ex was pregnant before I even left house, before the guy moved in and they're both nurses lol, you would think they would know better! Nothing is as it meets the eye, that's for sure. He's got several kids with three other women too, it's a real Jerry Springer show I tell you.

No, this kind of insanity was nowhere in any of my worst nightmares...
Old 09-29-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretchedotis View Post
Start paying.
Find it somehow.
Not paying is like shooting yourself in the foot in the system we have.
Once its established you are not paying - you are a marked man.
I'm not kidding.
I know you are right. I've been told a million times before. I know it will come back to haunt me but as I have said, my choices were even more desperate than that, it was really that bad.

I have no idea why FRO has not garnished my wages in so long, they got on her boyfriend right away for his child support long long ago. I only spoke to them once, I figure after that the lady I was dealing with somehow put my folder at the bottom of the pile.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:05 AM

Kenny is on a distinguished road

The only thing I can say about this unofficial poll is that it is very hard.

I went through the whole initial separation and divorce on my own. After all, nobody really understood it; I certainly didn't.

I waited for my divorce issues to settle down and let the healing process work (eight years) before I found a new partner. I have been with her now for three years plus. Now that custody and support is in a major state of war, it is good to have a supporting partner that understands.

Also, in addition to the comments about this post, I have ALWAYS paid my child support. Even though my ex-wife blew it on every vice imaginable besides the kids and ended-up providing the items directly to them that child support was suppose to pay for, I always put the kids first. My ex did not put them first in the marriage, didn't put them first in divorce and now has not put them before her own selfish needs since she lost custody.

My ex-wife is a deadbeat mother, through and through, without any doubt!

In closing, I think the horrors of a high conflict divorce prohibit someone from getting the most out of a relationship, as was, and still is to some degree, in my own newer partner.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:10 PM

first timer is on a distinguished road

In response to your poll: its #1
I am happily remarried to my new partner (been together for 4 years, married for 2.5 years). We not only survived the storm of separation/divorce but thrived through it. We met shortly after my separation. She was hesitant but took a chance on me for which I will be forever grateful. The timing may not have been ideal but having found the love of my life, I have no regrets. On a side note: my wife and ex are incredibly civil and friendly towards one another, they enjoy each others company and can talk for hours when they are together and its never about me but about themselves and their experiences and our kids of course. I find it to be something unexpected and so do most when they find out how these 2 women know each other.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:02 AM

That is great to hear first timer, there is some sanity in what seems a totally crazy world at times.
Closed Thread