Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 PM

samej is on a distinguished road

Thanks PH. I accept that in her eyes the marriage may have been over before we even broached the topic. I accept that she may have been lonely and unhappy. My grief is really that she could have just said "it's over" back in October. Her pretense for the next 6 to 9 months damaged both her and me. She was wracked with guilt when I found out. She would have avoided all that guilt and damage to her own self worth by just coming clean in October, or any time after that. And now we both face fresh grief and pain, and I've lost the trust I had in her core honesty.

Maybe I'm just on a high horse to claim the moral high ground over the other man, but I've actually been where he was in the past and I did the right thing.

Healing and acceptance will come with time. I'm not planning on spending the rest of my life nursing a vendetta. But I am smack dab in the anger part of my grief for now, and it didn't need to be this way.
Closed Thread