Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2010, 10:18 AM

Sowk is on a distinguished road

Shriners, Jaycees, Kinsmen, Rotarians, Moose, Elks, YMCA, YWCA [until recently], Climate Warming is a Fraud.ca, Flat Earth Society, Didn't Really Land on the Moon Assoc., Druids for Jesus, etc. etc.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 AM

Epona is on a distinguished road

Eight weeks isn't very long. I'd say it's too soon to even consider dating, til you know yourself a bit better and feel good about it. Since you live in an apartment, I'm sure there are community activities you can go to. Volunteer in something that interests you &/or take a class that piques your interest (whether it be digital photography, water-colour painting, dancing, wood-working...whatever). Go for a walk -- exercising frequently helps people feel better.
You are limited only by your imagination.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:59 PM

UNLUCKYLADY is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIA View Post
Please give yourself a chance. Lonelyness is something that you have to tame. It may take 6 months for you to accept your loneliness. So be strong, it will come. After that you will be in full control of your destiny - because you, and only you, will decide who will, next, enter in your life, as friend or more. Note that I was patient but it paid up big time. Time is the cure.

Time? I've been seperated for 2 1/2 YEARS and I am still alone. Still *feel* alone....I don't think time is the answer; it has to be more like a state of mind.

My state of mind is not good.

I feel MORE outcast, lonely and am finding that the More time goes by, the Worse it gets....still NO resolution - no papers filed...just - nothingness....

Depression plays part...rest is maybe I just don't even KNOW how to have fun anymore? Have no interest..? IDK

I just feel the anxiety. It is crushing at times.

I don't think time is the answer - not for me anyway.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

In all seriousness, it sounds like you are depressed. Exercise, like the walking, is good, but I suspect you are spend your walking time 'stewing in your head'. Go to your doctor and talk about getting counseling. Or if you have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through work contact them. 2 years ago I got overrun with anxiety, always cold and lethargic, bad insomnia. I did both, and it was a big help. I'm an introvert too, tend to absorb more more from reading not talking, and after a bit of talk (just over the phone), they pointed me towards some very useful books. Others here have had great results with antidepressants and have really got their lives back.

Do it!

Personally, to give yourself a break from the voices in hour head, I'd suggest learning a musical instrument (if you can take the frustration). It is so absorbing you can easily spend an hour in a completely different world. It is basically a type of meditation practice.

Last edited by dinkyface; 01-27-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:33 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Well the first step is always doing something about it, life and happiness isn't going to come and plop itself down on your doorstep. It's tough, but once you master the first step forward, the second will be easier and the third even easier.

Agree with DF, avail yourself of some resources and work towards feeling better. FInd a buddy to work through it with you if that helps too!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:42 PM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road

I find Sunday mornings with a Coronation Street marathon very therapeutic when I'm alone. Their problems are always way worse than mine.

Humour! Can't get through life without it. Lighten up! Go for a walk, get yourself out! Start talking randomly to a stranger! Just smile at someone .... sometimes their reaction is even funnier than you expected.

The best thing I ever did ... go play with a puppy in the pet store
Closed Thread