Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 AM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugofwar View Post
Any given Sunday! I was waiting for my invite.....
We're going to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Science Centre on Saturday at 12:00 if you like that?
Old 07-27-2010, 08:55 AM

Deputy Daddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSAngel View Post
That's fantastic! How the heck do we get one in Ottawa??
There may already be one. I don't know all the subdivisions around Ottawa but if you google search Parents Without Partners there is a chapter locator on there. I'm in Winnipeg and the website is below for an idea of the kind of fun we have.

Judging from post #21 it sounds like there may be one there soon!

Welcome to Chapter 350 of Parents Without Partners
Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

I'm in that rut too Tug. At least I was until my daughter told me that "daddy has a girlfriend". Never thought that would actually bring me relief!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:34 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Could be worse. Could have been "Daddy has a boyfriend".
Old 07-28-2010, 12:13 AM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Mess, you can be odd sometimes.... just odd, that's the only way I can describe it......
Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
That made me LOL and I certainly needed the laugh this week. Thanks Mess!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:58 AM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road

I'd be happy if my ex got a girl or a boyfriend.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 AM

natasha is on a distinguished road

Reading your story was a lot like reading my own. I was were you are right now 2 years ago. Feeling very alone and scared. Friends tried to help me through it but just could not understand what it was I was feeling. All I can suggest is that you take the time to heal. Time to figure out who you are and what you want from your future... The first year was hard, but it really does start to get easier. But life is short and you dont want to spend to much time dwelling on what has failed in your life, but spend the time thinking ahead to a great furture for you and your child...

Finding others who were going through the same thing helped me a lot... Sometimes you just need to vent about the hurt and anger that you feel... And only another women in the same situation will understand...

Do I still have days when my X makes me so angry I want to scream? Yes. You better believe it, but I am happy with my life, and realize its better to be on your own than to be in a realationship that is just not working. My x as well, is sure he is 20 again, and does not pay child support or visit his kids often enough.... Accepting the fact that he is not the person I thought he was all those years was hard, but made it easier to let go.. You cant miss a person you really never knew..

Good luck, I promise it will get easier... You will wake up one day and just laugh at what made you cry the day before, and realize that you are starting to heal.. Then just keep laughing..
Old 07-28-2010, 11:00 AM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road

Natasha,

Thank you for that. That's more what I needed to read. I have my good and bad days. Just have to remember the reasons I got out of the relationship made sense to me when I was feeling differently.
Time and time again, I have to give my head a good shake....
Closed Thread