Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2017, 11:43 AM

Asphenaz is on a distinguished road

I agree with Tayken and Links; a divorce is a traumatic experience and it can indeed consume all your time and thoughts... if you let it. To me that was the key, to realize that the only person I can 'control' is myself. So I constantly have to remind myself that I have to focus on positive thoughts and just be the best dad that I can be. Some days are better than others.

I used alot of the tips mentioned in this thread, some worked better than others. Listening to motivational and cbt related videos online helps at the moment.

We cannot stop thoughts and feelings but they can be controlled, just takes time and effort.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:58 PM

zanman is on a distinguished road

I've been dealing with mine since 2014 and it can really consume you and all of your thoughts and emotions. I really do find this board a great relief of allot of the unknowns and has helped me a great deal.

I look back and I still can't believe how much this has taken from me. I really do get stronger everyday. Friends and Family I have also found have been the biggest support.