Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

I had a perfect stranger use their CAA to get me out of a ditch one time. It had freshly snowed, I was about 22 and driving my mothers car (I had a sports car which I didn't drive in the winter). My moms car had notoriously catchy breaks. A school bus about 1/4km ahead put on its lights (no cars between it and me), I touch the breaks to slow down and next thing I know I am doing spins into the ditch. Some random guy pulled over, called CAA and used his membership. I offered to pay him back, he politely refused.

Would I help my ex? Yes. Because I believe in paying it forward....even if it is the ex. Plus my ex and I are fairly reasonable right now.

Would I be pissed if she refused to reimburse me for expenses I incurred to help her? Yes. What would I do about it? I'd remember this going and maybe not be as helpful should the need arise again.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

I've kept my ex on my benefits, because it costs me zero. She has in turn not claimed any section 7 expenses. The other day she spent $50 but hasn't asked me for anything. Sometimes, a little understanding goes a long way.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:16 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
...she is now refusing to pay the bill for the service call of $50, meaning we either foot the bill or the mechanic goes without. He billed us because we also had our snow tires put on that night and we owe him for that...
Suggest to split the cost, since you also made use of the mechanic and call?
Closed Thread