Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2013, 07:19 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road
Default Haven't seen my children in 3 months - struggling

Hi,

I don't expect any sympathy but here is my story. Wife took kids and is withholding access for 3 months now, will not even allow supervised access by a neutral third party. I just started getting phone access. I believe she's using it to intentionally bring me to my knees and settle for less that joint custody, Its torturous and cruel but I must avoid further conflict at all costs, So I must wait until after first case conference and then bring a motion forward for interim access.

Hell.. absolute hell. I have paid plenty of support, but she just takes and takes and realizes that they are the only thing I am really interested in.

I think they will eventually grow to hate her as much me, but that makes me even sadder.

Anyway, my heart goes out to anyone going through the same. Stay strong.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:59 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

If there is no court order that provides her sole custody you can pick the children up from school. They will call her to advise her that you have picked them up, but they cannot withhold the children from you unless they have on file a document that prevents you from doing so (restraining order for instance). If you haven't seen your children for that long this might be a way to see them while you wait for your court date.

How old are the children?

I'm sorry you are going through this. Sending big hugs.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:13 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
If there is no court order that provides her sole custody you can pick the children up from school. They will call her to advise her that you have picked them up, but they cannot withhold the children from you unless they have on file a document that prevents you from doing so (restraining order for instance). If you haven't seen your children for that long this might be a way to see them while you wait for your court date.

How old are the children?

I'm sorry you are going through this. Sending big hugs.

Thank you for your reply

The children are 8, 10, 11, 12. There is no court order. I am not completely innocent here and I admit there was a DV incident that happened in front of the children 18 months ago ( extreme circumstances), and based on that the CAS has recommended that visits be supervised.

Thing is she won't let the supervised visits occur. So I don't want to give the impression that I am a "crazed, angry, dangerous man", by showing up in the face of this recommendation. But it seems like I have to go through the courts to get any access.

So I don't see myself having a choice.
Closed Thread