Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 08:39 PM

MommaMouse is on a distinguished road

Next time she isn't to be found, call the police. If she knows you will enforce your right to see your child she will not continue in this manner. Trust me I've had to do this and it works well. When my children are sick, I give my ex a heads up and an option to leave them at home but would not deny him access since caring for your child when their sick can strengthen your relationship alot.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:35 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Mommamouse, remember you think logically, my ex does not.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 AM

MommaMouse is on a distinguished road

My ex is not logical either which is exactly why you need to call the police and report it, as long as you let her get away with it she will keep doing it. You need to be proactive and fight for your right to see your child and your childs right to see you.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM

Problem being is that I do not have a police enforcement order. The police will tell me that there is nothing they can do and that I should go to family court Monday to deal with it.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:12 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Which is why you phrase it as a welfare check. Child and Mom not at normal pick up/drop off for parenting time. No communication from normal methods, therefore I am concerned as to their welfare. (total BS, but you need to play the game dude...get the name of EVERY officer you speak with, their badge number and ask for the file # at the conclusion of the check.) EVERY call dealt with by the police has an attached file/report number. With THAT number, you can have the report subpoenaed if necessary.

Alternately, drive to the ex's house, and either bring a friend OR give the police a head's up and ask for them to send a cruiser just to prevent any issues. (ie. My ex has a history of making false allegations and starting trouble, I know it's not something you guys can do anything about, but if someone is free I'd like you on hand to diffuse the situation if necessary please). If they aren't busy they will sometimes accommodate. (I had to pull that a few times back when I was still under litigation).
Old 12-15-2011, 12:27 PM

Sounds good NB dad. I will try that later today.
Closed Thread