Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 03:43 PM

mom2three is on a distinguished road

Don't lose it FB. Just keep on venting on here!!

I would send off information to your lawyer if he is updating the court documents; that is time well spent instead of engaging in her tirade.

I feel for you!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:53 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2three View Post
Don't lose it FB. Just keep on venting on here!!

I would send off information to your lawyer if he is updating the court documents; that is time well spent instead of engaging in her tirade.

I feel for you!
I'm boiling on the inside and very calm on the outside. It makes me so angry that she is willing to do this to the kids. She has no idea what it is doing to them and doesn't seem to care.'

This place is a great place to vent.

I just sent my lawyer an email.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:59 PM

mom2three is on a distinguished road

Nope, she doesn't see what she is doing to the children and likely never will. Only you can act in their best interests and be the best Dad you can be!

And yes, it is an awesome place to vent.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Are you sure you aren't pulling our legs?

This all sounds too good to be true I just hope you have your recorder on

Wow.....un freakin believable
I honestly 100% wish I was joking for my kids sake.

I did have the recorder going but it's not much use to the process.

Clearly she is under some kind of pressure again.. Sounds like money. Whenever she gets stressed this is what she acts like.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:09 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Well hopefully once the long agonizing process and associated stresses are over, she'll settle down to being a more stable mum.

And if later on she argues that she doesn't trust you about something, you can tell the judge that she trusted you enough to ask you to do her tax return.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:20 AM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
I'm boiling on the inside and very calm on the outside. It makes me so angry that she is willing to do this to the kids. She has no idea what it is doing to them and doesn't seem to care.'

This place is a great place to vent.

I just sent my lawyer an email.
Let's take a step back and examine, shall we?

Let's not presume she is 'willing to do this to the kids', so much as she is being emotionl - and that fact is clouding her judgement.

The benefit of the doubt, please.

One day I am certain you will need same, if not is your personal affairs - than in some other aspect of your life.

One thing I've come to realize in discussion with family on my personal situation is that some of the 'mistakes' my ex has made can be seen as relatively reasonable from the other side.

I'm not trying to condone the behaviour, so much as say we are all human - and don't always do the right thing in the moment (in hind-sight).

We are all emotional creatures when it comes right down to it, and that deserves acknowledgement.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:54 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I would offer to do her taxes, and have her disclose a cash income of $150,000.

Show that she has paid a lot of tax already, so she is getting a huge refund. She'll sign that one happily

This ^ is hilarious!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:25 PM

puravida is on a distinguished road

I can totally relate to what you are saying. My ex did the same thing to me whenever i was present in the house. there was no end to the things she said in front of the children. maybe your ex and mine are related lol.

i could not tolerate it anymore seeing what it was doing to my children and have bassically been forced to stay away from the home when she is pressent or she goes crazy.i grew up around yelling and fighting and could not let my children go through that. on my week with my children i have to take them out of the home.

i wish you luck.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 PM

I am working in my basement and my door is locked. STBX just came home and wanted to put her laundry on. Went nuts banging on the door.

She then said she was going to get her key....Which she did and then realized the lock was changed. She lost it banging on the door and screaming at me. I did not open the door.

She then told me she was going to take my car, using the spare key, to the laundry mat. Although I have both keys with me. She went up and then came back down yelling more. I then told her I was calling the cops if she continued.

She stopped but now I'm worried she is going to do something to my car. Key it or something. I am not leaving the basement.

She will be going to get the kids soon. I'm not sure how she will act when they get home too.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:50 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Did you have your tape recorder running?

If she keys the car or vandalizes anything else, take pictures, call the cops and make a report.

It is perfectly legitimate for you to have your own separate place in the house during an in-home separation.

Keep your tape recorder with you and on tonight. Stay away from her.

Its too bad there's not a place you can be in the house that she can't have an excuse not to bug you. Did you set up times that she can use the washer/dryer? If so, she should be following that schedule....there's really no excuse for her not to be allowing you private space within the home.
Closed Thread