Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough
Default Encouraging Words

I found this little bit o' wisdom on the net - I give credit to whoever wrote this as it really struck a nerve and helped with my pre-Xmas Blues.

''I don't think there is one rule to follow. I think everyone going through a divorce has different emotions and anger, but I do know that the feelings of doubt, anger sadness, guilt, worry, worthlessness, panic and fear. The questions or even unanswered questions are never ending. I think that everyone goes through different stages, some days are terrible some days are ok, some days are good, and some days are awful. The feeling of "am I doing the right thing?" clashes with the feeling of "yes I am doing the right thing". Your past, your future, is in question, and your dreams and your nightmares are a day to day thing. There are so many emotions you think you are going mad. The sleepless nights become such a habit your body clock is a mess.

Then you start to look at yourself and think oh my goodness how did I allow myself to end up like this? How will I ever love again, how will I ever trust again? Who will ever love me again? I just don't have a magic answer. I read advise, I listen to people tell me I'm strong, I deserve better, I will be ok, but it doesn't stop my fears or hurt. I believe the only way forward is day by day, baby steps into a new world. Learn to be confident and learn to smile again. There is no time or date you know you will be happy again that you can aim for. It is a path we must walk down. When the sun shines and we feel its warmth, when we feel safe, when we feel comfortable, when our head stops swimming with the questions, then I think that will be the sign we are on our journey home to normality.

Time is a great healer; peace is a great friend...I'm sure we will find them. But first we must fight though our wilderness of loss and fear. We have to face our unhappiness and all of the above emotions and then we are ready to begin to live again. You are not alone; there are many of us who lay in our beds at night and feel so utterly lost. We will find ourselves again, it will just take us time, and I'm sure there will come a day when we awake to feel the sun's warmth and feel we've made it, we have come through one of the hardest journeys of our life, now lets enjoy the rest
.''
Closed Thread