Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM

Sax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretchedotis View Post
Maybe you need to have a no obligations romantic encounter to cheer up?

If you live in my area, and have really low standards - maybe I can help?

lol

I know this sounds like a typical "guy" thing to say .... but it does work! YOU GO FOR IT!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:06 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Congratulations Sax.

I must say that getting divorced has been a wonderful experience for me too (aside from the family court part). I did the right thing not just for me but for my ex...I was the wrong person for him and we both wasted a lot of time. I truly hope he's able to find happiness with someone else as I have and have a better quality of life.

Best wishes to you and your children!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:44 PM

Sax is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I just had a chat with a friend today and I said that not only was it the best decision I made - I don't like who I am when I'm with him. We just bring out the negative in each other. HAPPY DAYS AHEAD!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 PM

inseperationhell is on a distinguished road

It has certainly been a while since I have posted. Just wanted to thank everyone for all the support they gave me while I needed it. On the other side now. Settled in my new life and happy. And POF did eventually find me a great guy (after a few duds...). I now have my kids most of the time (their choice), am dating a great guy who always wanted kids and the kids love to death. He spends more waking hours with the kids than me when they are around....being a better "step-dad" than they have had in a Dad. I see a happy future, a new family, with the ex and all the bullshit on the sidelines. The ex tries, almost every day, to take me down...but I am ignoring it now. Drives him crazy, but I am happy.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM

NSL is on a distinguished road

I am new to posting but I just wanted to say that this last post has given me hope for the future. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:14 AM

thorns is on a distinguished road

You know your points touch right on why I ended the relationship. I walked on eggshells waiting for him to blow up. He was emotionally, verbally abusive to me. I ended it even though I loved and cared for him, I felt he was under so much pressure from his family members, it was affecting his health and he was not very nice to be around. I ended it to get me away from the abuse, and being afraid of when the next bomb would drop but also because I didnt want him to be like he was. As much as some days I do feel I want with him, because I love him, but I hate all the nasty, evil, cruel things he has done and dont know if one could ever trust again. It breaks my heart for children involved in this, and for me what bothers me is feeling like we didnt try everything to make it work. I want to be able to look at them one day and say we tried everything. You do see people reconcile years after being apart and after some very nasty divorces. I think its great for the ones that are willing to try. I dont think many ppl do reconcile and I feel some ppls ego, pride and fear of embarassment is why more people dont try. For me a conversation with him would be very helpful for me, I would like to discuss what happened, how he felt I hurt him and the same for me. Some closure, and to hear from the other if they have any interst or care for you still. I have tried to initiate these conversations, but I get no reply.
Closed Thread