Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 07:07 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough
Default Don't want to go home

Sitting at work still, not wanting to go home.

STBX sent me a text a while ago that she is throwing a dinner party tonight at our house. Her new guy is going to be there and probably his kids and probably a bunch of other people.

Certainly doesn't feel like home under these circumstances. I know she is doing it to get me to try and settle and make me feel uncomfortable. Oh well..Just suck it up and be an adult.

It's a little stressing to say the least. It also sounded like he would be spending the night. #awkward.

Just a vent. Don't mind me.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:21 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

That is pretty strange ^ - where are the kids?

It's inappropriate and tacky on all levels, given your circumstances. The BF apparently has a pea brain, no class etc. Has this happened before?

Why don't you spend the night out?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

my ex and I lived for together for a while after separation. The deal was no new partners calling or bringing them here. Any new relationships had to be away from the house out of respect for the other person.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:28 PM

^ and out of respect for the kids.. What the Hell? And I'm still trying to figure out what kind of a loser, low-life of a guy (her bf) would go along with that? Jerry Springer material.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:30 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Oy, that is really tacky on her part. Can you spend the night somewhere else?

And he's spending the night? Let's think of ways to make HIM feel awkward, so he won't do it again while you are both still in the house.

How bout you leave some torn up condoms around the bedroom area? Once the kids are in bed, get naked and walk around the house/kitchen area?..
Old 01-18-2013, 08:31 PM

Since she's hell-bent on throwing her dinner party, keep your dignity and stay at a friend's place. Separated, whatever: that's completely insensitive/disrespectful.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

LOL @ McDreamy...

Go home, get undressed and then put on a bathrobe and take a shower. Take a long shower, like an hour. So no one else can use the bathroom. Then come out in your bathrobe, walk through the dining room and into the kitchen, get a snack from the fridge and go sit on the couch in the living room. Turn on the TV and watch something inane. If you are able to fart as you walk past your ex, do so. If anyone says anything to you, pretend you are alone in the house.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
Since she's hell-bent on throwing her dinner party, keep your dignity and stay at a friend's place. Separated, whatever: that's completely insensitive/disrespectful.
That is giving her what she wants, and validating her behaviour.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
Yes it is.. but I wouldn't let her set a precedent, else he'll wind up sleeping on sofa's for the next year on his "off" times until they have settled. It needs to be dealt with. Fart, belch, be naked (obviously, once the kids are down!). Do not be antagonistic... just be.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
That is giving her what she wants, and validating her behaviour.
Lol... great minds!
Closed Thread