Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2013, 10:49 PM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road
Default dont forget to give yourself a pat on the back

Just wanted everyone to take a moment, think about all you have been able to achieve during this whole process.

I started off a mess, I didn't understand and at some points couldn't grasp what others were trying to tell me. There are a number of very patient and helpful people here. Big thanks

I guess what brought this on is how proud I feel about myself today. Especially when you have outsmarted even the lawyers with some of your knowledge and insights.....

So dont give up, gather as much useful information, get yourself informed over things. At the end of the day, these are your own decisions you have to live with
Old 06-20-2013, 11:07 PM

frustratedwithex is an unknown quantity at this point

You were trying to get income imputed to your ex, did it go well for you today?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 PM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road

I haven't given up on that totally yet, but no. But I came up with a solution to my other problem without having to retain a lawyer or waste money that way. Just wish me luck that it works
Old 06-20-2013, 11:46 PM

frustratedwithex is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome! Wishing you lots of luck

You have had a bumpy road, hope it smooths out for you at some point!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:12 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugofwar View Post
Just wanted everyone to take a moment, think about all you have been able to achieve during this whole process.

I started off a mess, I didn't understand and at some points couldn't grasp what others were trying to tell me. There are a number of very patient and helpful people here. Big thanks

I guess what brought this on is how proud I feel about myself today. Especially when you have outsmarted even the lawyers with some of your knowledge and insights.....

So dont give up, gather as much useful information, get yourself informed over things. At the end of the day, these are your own decisions you have to live with
The members of this forum gave me the strength, knowledge, and power to do what I needed to do. It was not easy, it was not quick, it was not cheap. In the end I got exactly what was fair, an equal parenting arrangement which most importantly is in the best interest of the kids, my ex, and myself.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....Thanks to all the members on the forum who helped me. Your hard, strong words were not always easy to read but were exactly what I needed.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:18 AM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road

I agree. This forum doesn't just provide advice, it provides perspective and support. Sometimes it is difficult to remain focused, especially with HC exes.

This forum has helped keep me sane.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

I'm a bit stressed out with trial pending potentially next week so I was having a meltdown last night and my wonderful new partner reminded me of how far I come. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I had forgotten to think about that with all the stuff going on in the last month.

Truthfully, with all the problems divorce brings...its also a blessing in so many ways. Having had the opportunity to go through this divorce with my new partner at my side has also shown that I picked the perfect guy for the next phase of my life.

Thanks for all the great advice from the sage posters on this forum...you provide an invaluable service to those having to navigate this process.
Closed Thread