Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 11:48 AM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

I knew right from the day I made the decision that it was the right move. And the separation didn't happen until 6 weeks later! I have never felt guilty; this decision was made to give my daughter the chance to grow up with a happy mom, not a scared, wilting woman used to being stepped on.

The only regret I have is that I did not report the abuse to the police. That would have lent some credibility to my story, and perhaps taken a little power/control from my ex.

While things are far from perfect, she knows she has 2 parents who love her. And even if she still can still sense and feel the tension between us, I can be open with her and she can understand what it is about now. I dont have to hide anything, and can truly be the role model a mother should be. It was the main reason why I left, so she would not suffer, and hopefully she would learn what a "good" relationship looks like, and not just a "bad" one. I am happy to say that she now knows what it the good relationship looks like, and that disagreements do not mean screaming, and yelling and throwing things, but discussions, compromise and hugs afterwards.
Closed Thread