Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2014, 04:05 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Yes, there are policies against this, and i suspect you are correct, good catch Stripes. Follows the typical pattern of random commentary posts with no value to establish a number of posts before posting an ad trolling for business.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:08 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGalbr567 View Post
my best advice is to get your lawyer involved - lawyers talking to lawyers, not exes talking to exes. I had a great divorce lawyer in Barrie who I relied on for everything during my divorce since I couldn't talk to my crazy ex like a normal person.
Letting the lawyers deal with all communications between ex spouses can be extremely expensive and can make matters worse if one or both lawyers are combative.

Some HC ex's will harass the OP's lawyer with useless micro-managing just to jack up their spouses legal bills - a strategy to 'wear them down' and gain an advantage that way.

If the OP has legal aid and cares nothing about billable hours involved, your screwed? The courts wanting best interest of the children will maintain a lopsided status-quo even if it means an injustice to one of the parents.

How can shared parenting work without a minimum of civil communications? This means that a HC spouse can control the procedure by behaving badly - and the courts seem to condone this...

In my case, there is a criminal no contact order - zero contact since the date of separation. All communication has been via our lawyers. It is not only financially draining, it has been frustratingly slow and often times it has made a bad situation even worse.

My advice to anyone dealing with a HC Ex, keep all communication to a bare minimum - but keep communicating. Once the lawyers become your mouth piece, misunderstandings increase in proportion to your legal bills!

Last edited by blinkandimgone; 07-05-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: removed business ad