Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2014, 03:43 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
^^My first response was not even directed at you, but somehow you took the liberty of taking it upon yourself

Note: The starting a sentence saying "Listen", comes across as controlling, it's akin to wagging a finger at someone. Just saying
And what about starting a sentence with "Here we go.."?
Old 01-25-2014, 07:32 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

This is at least the fourth thread in the last couple of days that's been derailed by FWB and others bickering about who is being rude to whom. I'm quite happy to ignore this, but I can imagine how off-putting it might be to newcomers to this forum who may think they've wandered into grade school at recess. FWB, is it possible for you to take a vacation for a couple of days? Not go away forever - just back off for a bit to let all the relevant parties calm down.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:58 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

Thanks stripes for your post but I want to point something out: FWB isn't acting solo. Everyone responding in an equally antagonistic and aggressive way is fueling the fire. I believe everyone needs to take accountability for their actions.

This is really no different than the emails from the ex that everyone recommends to ignore. If we all ignored these types of posts they will stop.

I will add that I actually think FWB has many meaningful things in his posts although they are so raw and to the point that it gets to people.... Rise above it all if anyone thinks they are better than that (him). But as my mother would say: two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:33 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
Thanks stripes for your post but I want to point something out: FWB isn't acting solo. Everyone responding in an equally antagonistic and aggressive way is fueling the fire. I believe everyone needs to take accountability for their actions.

This is really no different than the emails from the ex that everyone recommends to ignore. If we all ignored these types of posts they will stop.

I will add that I actually think FWB has many meaningful things in his posts although they are so raw and to the point that it gets to people.... Rise above it all if anyone thinks they are better than that (him). But as my mother would say: two wrongs don't make a right.
Serene -

FWB may add meaningful conversation, however, he's shown that it isn't actually "his" meaningful conversation.

And, yes, it requires more than one to make the battle thrive, it only takes one to throw the first spear to start that battle. Let's not blame the bully's victims for not allowing themselves to be bullied.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:36 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Why am I put in mind of this?

The Lurkers Support Me In Email ╗ Jo Walton
Old 01-27-2014, 10:32 AM

good_mom is on a distinguished road

FWB...was not directing his post to an individual.

He was saying that sometimes those that seek sole custody can be the HCP. This applies when there are two capable parents that are capable and involved.

Everyone has there own definition of co-parenting. Some will ask or demand to be apart of every decision for the child even when the child is not in their care.

His comment...Here we go again. Was because many personalize the subjects and comments on the forum and do not look at the subject in a general sense.

It is normal for all of us to have our own expiriences.....
Old 01-27-2014, 10:58 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

I find it ironic how this thread turned out...
Old 01-27-2014, 11:13 AM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...me-school-work

Interesting read on HCP.

A snippet....
Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell

We recommend having a private working theory that someone may be an HCP. But be careful! Don’t tell the person and you don’t assume you must be right. Don’t ask them to look at the criteria to see if they spot themselves. We can guarantee this will make you an enemy. Instead, focus on strategies to help you be more effective in managing your relationship.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:14 AM

BGalbr567 is on a distinguished road

my best advice is to get your lawyer involved - lawyers talking to lawyers, not exes talking to exes. I had a great divorce lawyer in Barrie who I relied on for everything during my divorce since I couldn't talk to my crazy ex like a normal person.

Last edited by blinkandimgone; 07-05-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: No trolling for business allowed
Old 07-05-2014, 03:49 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGalbr567 View Post
my best advice is to get your lawyer involved - lawyers talking to lawyers, not exes talking to exes. I had a great divorce lawyer in Barrie who I relied on for everything during my divorce since I couldn't talk to my crazy ex like a normal person.
^^^ I note that your username (BGalbr) is very close to the name of the "great divorce lawyer" you are recommending for high-conflict divorces. Are you actually the lawyer him/herself? If so, I'd advise forum members to think seriously about whether they want to retain lawyers who troll for business on Internet forums by claiming to be happy clients. This isn't exactly a reliable or objective recommendation. A straightforward advertisement would be more honest.

Mods, are there any policy or rules about this?

And if the poster above is no relation at all to the lawyer in Barrie, I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by blinkandimgone; 07-05-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: edited business ad and name