Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2014, 08:02 PM

lobsterpot is on a distinguished road
Default Divorce paper

Simple question . How do I get that divorce paper , u know the one that says I am divorced. Everything is finally final,but no paper . I got the papers to pay ss. I self reped and the judge sided with me. I glad it is over it was very stressful.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:14 PM

justleft is on a distinguished road

From what I understand, you need to go to the courthouse that processed your divorce and ask for it. You'll need a copy of the Divorce Order for it to be processed. I think the cost is about $20. If you used a lawyer generally they get it for you. Check with them, if not head down and do it yourself, it apparently is a simple process.

How to get a copy of a Divorce Order, Certificate of Divorce or other court document - Ministry of the Attorney General

Congratulations!! I'll be heading to the courthouse to get mine as well this week. Glad to say it is finally over