Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 01:54 AM

ringettteplayer is on a distinguished road
Default divorce and custody

HI when i called into my lawyers office to ask if i can/should go request child support on my own or will it mess with the draft my lawyer has already typed up the legal sec told me it is all at once so once my property and equalization is dealth with then the judge will want to make sure the kids are cared for etc., and at the end i will be divorced as well.

can someone explain this is laymans terms for me... thanks

im living off my part time job and my rrsps but i don't know for how much longer
Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

From your post Oct 19: "in alberta now loving the new job kids are great,"

I was under the impression from ^ and other comments you've made that you secured full time employment in AB.

Did something change, as this new thread sounds as though you are struggling? It's good that you have a lawyer and they should be able to take care of the matters you are faced with. Perhaps Western Canada members can step in here, as I don't know how MEP operates but presumably, as with FRO, they accept court orders (made by the Judge) and court approved/filed orders (mutually agreed upon CS arrangements between the parties) only.

Last edited by hadenough; 10-31-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:32 AM

Default ...

hi no we are doing great i am just getting nervous with christmas coming etc., my job is great i am loving it! i do need more hours i am on a 3 month probation i am trying to hit some books come january,and my5y/o son had his first hockey game!!.,

I honestly am soo happy and proud of myself as a mom andxso proud of my kids for excelling! my youngest daughter who is not that academic is thriving this year!!! haha its great, i honest and truly am so happy with my decision to move until i step outside and brrrrrr haha

i am just new to this divorce stuff and i am always hearing different things from different people, such as child support etc., it sounds like i am not getting a separation aggreement but we are heading right to divorce and child support and custody will be dealt with through superior court?? its just a confusing and long process.

thanks (((huggss)))
Old 11-15-2012, 12:55 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Is what your lawyer is typing up a separation agreement? That is the document that would contain the information about support, equalization, custody and so on. That is what is needed for an uncontested divorce.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM

Oh I sure hope so!! I just rec'd my marriage certificate and my property assessment she wanted/needed she also requested what was in our joint account from the date I filed for divorce in feb and she requested my sole bank account current statement,
I am just wondering does everything go thru supreme court under the divorce law (custody and spousal and child support)?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

There is a little to do before that. You and your soon to be ex both need to review the documents and agree to them, and receive independant leglal advice on the final version. Then there is the process to file them, which works with a judge.

If you can't find a way to agree, then you will end up in court.....
Closed Thread