Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 PM

Epona is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I don't agree WorkingDAD. Though what happens (or doesn't happen) in the bedroom can be a symptom of problems within a relationship.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:06 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamYal View Post
I would be most appreciative of your taking the time to fill out my survey... And, as a token of my appreciation, I would be happy to put the emails of those people who finish the survey in a draw for a cash prize.

Yeah, sure you will
Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 AM

winterwolf7 is on a distinguished road

The spark that ignited my divorce was definitely sexual incompatibility. Sure there was a lot of other issues that led up to that point, but it was what really drove her over the edge.

My ex was always extremely conservative about sex, and although I was very imaginative she was my first and only until very recently. Still it was something about her I was willing to accept. Things were good, we had a beautiful home, good jobs and our first child.

For a variety of reasons, my ex didn't seem very happy about his birth or anything that followed but we managed, things were OK. Eventually a couple of years later we wanted to have our second child. We tried and tried for over 2 years, the last year with the help of a fertility clinic.

Finally we agreed to give up. But at that part the strain of having so much sex forced on us for fertility, and the ultimate failure in that area, made sex seem even more pointless than before.

In the background I indulged in a lot of fantasies and in an attempt to try to fix things I started sharing some of my fantasies and interests with my ex. For someone as conservative as her, this was a death sentence for us. She stopped communicating completely with me although she engaged in a few fantasies. She hated them, she hated me, and eventually she wanted out.

Sure a lot of it could have been avoided with better communication and probably some counseling, but in the end it was sex that drove her over the edge.
Closed Thread