Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 02:47 PM

SamYal is on a distinguished road
Default ?Divorce caused by sexual incompatibility/non-monogamy

Hi.

My name is Sam Yal and I am working towards a graduate degree in Human Sexuality at The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality (IASHS) in San Francisco, California. One of my program requirements is to complete a basic research project whereby 100 sex profiles of a homogeneous group are obtained and then analyzed amongst a random sample. I am interested in learning more about the sexual history/background of individuals who are divorced due to sexual incompatibility/non-monogamy with their previous partner. I believe more research is need in this area and, I need your help to increase research in this area.

The link to the questionnaire is:
Divorce and Sexual Incompatibility/Non-monogamy

This questionnaire was designed over 30 years ago. It comprises of a longitudinal study of sex and sexual behaviors started by the well- known biologist and sex researcher, Dr. Alfred Kinsey. I recognize that the questions may come across as dated with limited answer options available. In the spirit of continuing this longitudinal study, I am unable to alter the questionnaire format.

I request that the questionnaires be filled to its entirety. It would take about 10-15 minutes to complete. Please note: the completed profiles will be anonymously printed off. Once the 100 profiles have been completed, the analyzed data will then become the property of the IASHS.

Should you have any questions regarding this longitudinal study, please contact me at yin2youryang@live.com or please contact my Acting Academic Dean,
Dr. Janice Epp, at PH: 415.928.1133.

If you feel comfortable to share your email address, I would be more than willing to put you into a draw for a cash prize.

Warmest regards,
Sam Yal
Old 03-22-2011, 05:44 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

I can tell you without any statistical analysis. All problems in marriage come from a bedroom. It may be not obvious at firs look but if you go deeper you will find all answers there ...

anyone agree with me?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:22 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
anyone agree with me?
Not me:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...reakdown-1218/
Old 03-22-2011, 07:29 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
I can tell you without any statistical analysis. All problems in marriage come from a bedroom. It may be not obvious at firs look but if you go deeper you will find all answers there ...

anyone agree with me?
That's a joke...right?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:04 PM

CycleDad is on a distinguished road

I know it is not PC but I agree with WorkingDAD. IMHO It is the glue, it is what smooths things over.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:29 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

For sure it's the glue, but there are powerful solvents out there like:

money
booze/drugs
gambling
adultery
religious differences
gayness
parenting differences
communication
etc.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:18 AM

CycleDad is on a distinguished road

OK but what causes them? Where do those things originate from?

resentment?
Old 03-23-2011, 12:51 AM

SamYal is on a distinguished road
Default ?Divorce caused by sexual incompatibility/non-monogamy.

Yes, you are right. Divorce could be caused by many reasons... it's hard to identify where sexual incompatibility lies.

My focus is to learn about the background of one's individual sexual history and how this relates to a relationship.... Research helps us to test our theories - are they right or wrong?

I would be most appreciative of your taking the time to fill out my survey... And, as a token of my appreciation, I would be happy to put the emails of those people who finish the survey in a draw for a cash prize.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 PM

karmaseeker is on a distinguished road

Sex is like a gauge. If it goes it says there is a problem somewhere (although not necessarily the problem itself).
Old 03-23-2011, 09:14 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
That's a joke...right?
that a truth...
Closed Thread