Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 11:27 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

There is no one specific test for MS, but if you're concerned you need to be speaking to your doctor and a neurologist, not a divorce forum.

Last edited by blinkandimgone; 08-12-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-25-2011, 07:43 AM

Sax is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for sharing! It's not easy to admit that but I am sure we are all in the same boat at some level. I could probably use a little something since I'm also going through - okay guy, are you ready! - MENOPAUSE! Yep, on top of all this shit I've started menopause. Crap! hahaha! And ... my iron is low ... so overall my coping skills are lessened since I'm not sleeping due to separation, menopause and I'm generally just tired because of low iron. My poor boss - he doesn't know what to do with me! Thank goodness he's a gem! But, I'm getting out there and still exercising even though I'm dragging my butt and I'm eating healthy .... Thanks again - that was a big step for you and I appreciate you opening the door for others!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:49 PM

May_May is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax View Post
MENOPAUSE! !
Wow...Good luck Sax...I'm having a hard time just dealing with the stress of the separation/divorce...Couldn't handle the 'heat' flashes (ha sorry) on top of it ! Yikes...
Old 09-15-2011, 04:55 PM

winterwolf7 is on a distinguished road

I managed to get through the emotional roller coaster of my divorce for the last year without meds with the support of friends and family. But now that I have a separation agreement and divorce order on the way, I'm finding it hard to cope with a subsequent police and children's aid society investigation. It all makes no sense to me, it's very overwhelming, and you're rendered completely powerless in the grip of those thugs.

I finally decided I needed help coping with the stress, anxiety and depression of being cut off from my kids and go to see my doctor.

What does she do? Nothing. She admits that she can understand how it could be hard to go through all of this as a mother, but implies that as a man I should be somehow be strong enough.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:46 PM

May_May is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterwolf7 View Post
What does she do? Nothing. She admits that she can understand how it could be hard to go through all of this as a mother, but implies that as a man I should be somehow be strong enough.
Go to another doctor or walk in clinic or emergency. I had an interesting conversation last week with a psychiatrist and he said that nothing would happen in court for seeking help, and going on meds to help with divorce / separation. However anyone who tried anything to hurt themselves could have this used against them by the other parent. I am NOT saying that this is what u r thinking...I just thought this might be helpful info for anyone who might read this thread who is at the end of their rope.

Go online and look for divorce support groups as well on your area. It's a good place to have an outlet and be around others who will understand some of what u r going through.
Closed Thread