Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2011, 03:19 PM

SadDad2010 is on a distinguished road

InterprovincialParents, I commend you on your stand and for putting your child's welfare before societal/religious taboos.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:19 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

IPP I totally agree about the need for talking about suicide in catholic schools.

I went to catholic schools all my life, and yes, there was one girl (whom I knew) who committed suicide. I'm not sure if I agree that it is a sin, but not talking about it is not going to help the kid who is thinking about it.

When it happened at our school we were encouraged to talk about it, how we felt, and there did end up being a debate about whether it was sinful. Regardless of what the church teaches about the sinfullness of it, above all "God" wants us to love and care for each other. How does keeping quiet and not helping someone because it is written in a book trump helping your friend? it doesn't, and I applaud you for telling the school that. At least my school had it right and put the kids first over the bible's teachings.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:27 PM

InterprovincialParents is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to InterprovincialParents

I believe it best for children to remain open and honest with them, within age-appropriate bounds...and parents are usually the best people to judge that. Kids nowadays are reaching puberty faster, likely due to the chemicals they are exposed to, and keeping those lines of communication open is the best way to protect your children from predators, from bullies, from confusion and conflict, and from all the other issues they have facing them in today's world. I think it also teaches them better relationship building, and that decreases the chance of another divorce down the road...in this, I remain optimistic for both of our children!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:16 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

This is a great post billie. Good for you for getting the help you felt you needed and not playing into the 'shame factor'. Depression is much easier to treat before it gets really bad, sometimes we or others around us just don't really see it for what it is until it does get really bad.

As for sleep, Gravol is a great sleep aid for both kids and adults. My son has been using it for years for occassional sleep issues due to some other meds he takes.

Chronic snorers? Do your bedmate - and yourself - a favour and get a CPAP machine! You would be AMAZED at the difference it makes. Your spouse will get a good nights sleep and you wake rested without the elbow dents in your torso.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:51 PM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road

I have also restarted my medication. Almost a week ago and by the looks of things, just in time. It makes a HUGE difference in my ability to think straight. I take cipralex. No insomnia but I am VERY tired. Hoping that will pass. I fought taking them for a long time. I wish I hadn't. I feel better and stronger every day.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:05 PM

Kimberley is on a distinguished road

My oldest child used to snore until his adenoids & tonsils were removed... instant silence after.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:47 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
This is a great post billie.
Thanks. Needs to be said.

My ex had a CPAP. worked great, if he wore it and it stayed on. Daughter also had sleep apnea and had her tonsils and adenoids removed last year. Amazing and she has finally caught up growth wise to the rest of her age group.

Do they do tonsilectomies for adults?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:03 PM

InterprovincialParents is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to InterprovincialParents

My spouse has no tonsils
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 PM

Max22258 is on a distinguished road

my ex did not beat that, she committed suicide in December, she was highly influenceable and believe everything that her friends told her she was going to get. I am quite calm in any situation so I have not really feeled depress. When she decided to go with a lawyer I had to defend myself so she lost the house, all vehicles and had to retun all the furniture she took. There is help out there and do not necesseraly believe your friends as they are not lawyer and neither judges.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:09 AM

scared witless is on a distinguished road
Default Sleeping Trouble

I was having trouble staying asleep. I would wake up with thoughts racing through my head. Try Melatonin. It works!! Start with 2 and if needed try 3. It really does work and does not give you that feeling of cotton balls in your head the next day
Closed Thread