Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2011, 02:31 PM

Bols2Dawall is on a distinguished road

I have a snoring spouse also . Just go to your docs and ask for a non - addictive sleeping pill .
I cut mine in 1/2 and take a couple of times a week . I'm unconscious in about 1/2 an hour
Old 01-21-2011, 02:42 PM

SadDad2010 is on a distinguished road

As you probably know, it takes at least 4-6 weeks to get the full effects of the A/D and yes like you, cipralex worsened my insomnia so that I actually went back to my Dr and asked for a non-stimulating A/D.
I'd like to re-emphasise what billiechic said about each A/D working differently for different people. I have a friend who went through the same thing as me, went on Cipralex and said it worked wonders, no insomnia. Just be prepared to give the med 4-6 weeks and if it's not working, try another one.
Insomnia and divorce/separation is a godawful combination. Lying in bed everynight with negative thoughts racing out of control is debilitating in the long run. You don't have to suffer needlessly. There is nothing wrong with getting some short-term help and you wouldn't believe the number of people that have taken A/D's. I've been very open with my friends about using them and I am surprised by the number of them that have admitted to me that they have also used them at some time in their life.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:44 PM

InterprovincialParents is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to InterprovincialParents

lol...you reminded me of parent-teacher interview this year...catholic board...

With suicide in the news this fall, we had a frank discussion with our son about it...told him that my uncle had committed suicide, and the thing to always remember was that there are options, and people to talk to; even if those people are not mom and dad...

I guess he raised it at school, because principal was advised and it was raised with us the following day as an "inappropriate subject" in class...boy oh boy, did I ever disagree!!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:45 PM

I was the snoring spouse. Any help for me?
Old 01-21-2011, 02:46 PM

NOTHING works as good as GETTING IT OUT!!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadDad2010 View Post
I was the snoring spouse. Any help for me?
The nasal strips do work a bit...but easiest solution=go to bed after the other half is asleep...or enjoy the spare room lol
Old 01-21-2011, 02:53 PM

BitHunter is on a distinguished road

Or just get a better spouse, who is not snoring and doesn't make you anxious or depressed.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterprovincialParents View Post
With suicide in the news this fall, we had a frank discussion with our son about it...told him that my uncle had committed suicide, and the thing to always remember was that there are options, and people to talk to; even if those people are not mom and dad...

I guess he raised it at school, because principal was advised and it was raised with us the following day as an "inappropriate subject" in class...boy oh boy, did I ever disagree!!
Do you mind me asking you how old your son was?
I think it is imperative that the schools talk openly about depression...especially since depression invariably leads to a strong sense of hopelessness. If a depressed teen for example was not aware that there was understanding and help out there....that's when suicidal thoughts become an escape. A person choosing suicide has decided that was their only option to deal with their despair...there are always other options and it's important that our children are aware of them.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszalai View Post
Or just get a better spouse, who is not snoring and doesn't make you anxious or depressed.
LOL...just have to reword that a bit for my preferred match on my online dating profile
Old 01-21-2011, 03:08 PM

My son was 11...but as we all know, suicide is a sin in catholicism, so a taboo subject in class...His teachers actually tried to get us to talk to him about it being inappropriate to discuss in school...I refused to, and told them that I was proud of him for discussing it, and that he would receive commendation from us rather than discipline...needless to say, teachers were not happy with me...to their credit though, they raised it with the principal thinking "maybe this is a kid considering" because he is usually very quiet and shy...THAT I approve of wholeheartedly, but giving him
sh!t for it, I did not!

Our children know why we vote, why we follow the law, why some things are illegal and immoral...why would we stop discussing at depression and suicide? Our children also know that if there is something they feel they cannot discuss with us, they have other adults that care, that will advise, and will only tell us if it is a serious health or safety concern...that is my role as stepmom too...and I am the first one setting up an appointment with a counsellor if my son gets upset or angry yet refuses to talk about it...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadDad2010 View Post
Do you mind me asking you how old your son was?
I think it is imperative that the schools talk openly about depression...especially since depression invariably leads to a strong sense of hopelessness. If a depressed teen for example was not aware that there was understanding and help out there....that's when suicidal thoughts become an escape. A person choosing suicide has decided that was their only option to deal with their despair...there are always other options and it's important that our children are aware of them.
Closed Thread