Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 01:09 AM

guineviere is on a distinguished road

I went through something similar. Married 17 years, together for 20 when out of the blue, I find out he was having an affair and walked out on me and our 2 kids leaving me holding the bag. I lost about 25 lbs in a month, ended up on antianxiety meds so I could turn my brain off long enough to sleep. I went to counselling a few times and did a lot of crying and venting to my family. I joined a yoga class for the exercise and meditation and made some new friends. I ended up calling a very old friend of mine whom I hadnt seen or spoken to in 16 years only to find that he had been living 10 minutes from me for the previous 4 years!! We picked our friendship up where we left off and surprise surprise, we fell in love. Call it Karma or whatever, life happens the way its supposed to happen and everything happens for a reason. Just take it day by day, or minute by minute if you have to. Seek help wherever you feel you need it. At one point, for a very brief moment I had contemplated suicide, just to get away from the horrible unescapeable pain after he left but I could not do that to my kids. Their father abandoned them, I couldn't do it too. You will survive, life will get better. Best of luck to you. Protect yourself financially!!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:18 AM

billm is on a distinguished road

I went through some rough times mentally, lost a lot of weight, little sleep, wondering how far I would fall, what would happen financially, what would happen to my family.

Now I am happier than ever, great relationship with my kids, raising them equally with their mother, things settled for the most part, happy in all aspects of my life!

I did therapy, read books, no meds (though offered by therapist). Keeping a journal (on my computer) really was a great tool for me, and very interesting to go back and read now!

I am a stronger, better person, both to myself and my kids, and all the people I care about in my life. Life is good!! Sure hard to think that way at the time though, so just let time do its thing.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM

hrobins is on a distinguished road

One of the best things, I did for myself was going to Taekwondo classes. Excerise will help with the depression and the stress, I am living proof that it works.
Closed Thread