Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2016, 07:57 PM

Acadia71 is on a distinguished road

Great points rockscan!

I'm enjoying talking to this new girl because she has a solid head on her shoulders and that has been lacking in my life for several years.
Having said that she won't stick around for all the BS I have to fix in my life, she has her own life to worry about.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:17 AM

Roland is on a distinguished road

https://www.amazon.ca/Rebuilding-Whe.../dp/1886230692

This helped when I went through a separation. Understanding that what I was feeling was normal. Yes it was unpleasant and there were parts where there was hope for a better future. It does come.
Exercise helps too. Hobbies and eating good food. Music.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:13 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Coping tips?

Here is what has worked for me. Signing up at a gym and getting at least 20 minutes of cardio at least 3 times a week. Followed by various workouts and then a some time in the steam room or sauna followed by a some time in the jacuzzi and sometimes swimming. Endorphins is the key here.

Aside that, lots of reading, trying new hobbies, furthering your education, making new friends (socializing), buying stuff online, taking courses for divorce, counselling, volunteering (preferably at our child's school), and avoiding negative thoughts or negative outcomes, keeping a positive outlook, and sticking firm to what you know is best for your child's well being and future.

Most important of it all, keep communications with your ex at a minimum and draw lines between their problems and yours.

Keep your head up and take the high road when your ex creates problems or tries to create problems and make things difficult for you or control you and don't feed into their controlling behaviour.

Know that they are your past, you're not married not in love anymore and forgive them and see them nothing more than a business partner (if there is children involved).

Know that there are tons and tons of people that will treat yo a billion times better than your ex did and make you billion times more happy. But you shouldn't need someone else to make you happy.

Focus on distraction and moving on but don't give up on any of your rights, exercise them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by trinton; 10-09-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:06 PM

Excellent advice! Thanks very much
Old 10-10-2016, 07:09 PM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

I don't blame her and you should be thinking of that too i.e. finding yourself drawn into somebody else' ongoing mess. It's not uncommon for people to view potential new partners with rose-tinted lenses.

Isn't this the case when we all first got married; we all know what happened in the end and hence the reason we have found ourselves on this site.

Always sort your mess out before and take time to heal before you jump into another relationship. I have been officially divorced for 4yrs, and enjoying just dating, having friends with benefits and companions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia71 View Post
Great points rockscan!

I'm enjoying talking to this new girl because she has a solid head on her shoulders and that has been lacking in my life for several years.
Having said that she won't stick around for all the BS I have to fix in my life, she has her own life to worry about.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:11 PM

LOL isn't that the truth!