Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 04:42 PM

baldclub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
That's attractive. Not only is that a few more than a few, it's not exactly business hours is it?
I was at a costume party and there were a few lady friends, plus my girlfriend who wanted to answer. Of course I wouldn't let them, lol!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 PM

rwm1273 is an unknown quantity at this point

You could have your relatives write an affidavit and explain their experience with your ex.

I would also make an application to control her behavior. Use your relative's affidavit, and the emails and the number of calls and time of those calls to get an order restricting her activities, and while your at it, an order permitting you to take the kids out of the country for a vacation. Get it open ended and worded that you don't need her permission, and problem solved.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 PM

ruby is on a distinguished road

Thanks for reminding me....just because someone says something does not mean that its true.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:24 PM

baldclub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
You could have your relatives write an affidavit and explain their experience with your ex.

I would also make an application to control her behavior. Use your relative's affidavit, and the emails and the number of calls and time of those calls to get an order restricting her activities, and while your at it, an order permitting you to take the kids out of the country for a vacation. Get it open ended and worded that you don't need her permission, and problem solved.
So, just to summarize, I should put a motion in with:

1. Affidavit from relatives
2. Proof of calls and recent email correspondence between my ex and family
3. Ask to control her behaviour/restrict her activities? Can someone give me some examples please?
4. Ask for an order (emergency, interim, permanent?) to permit me to take my kids out of country on holiday without her approval?

Your help as usual is much appreciated, Everyone.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:29 PM

rwm1273 is an unknown quantity at this point

The emails and calls of your ex need to be controlled. To do this, you could make an order requesting that she only contact you in regards to the children, and this is to be done by email. You could further limit this to once weekly. Your choice.

To do this you need to make an affidavit and a notice of motion. Your notice of motion is why you are going to court. It would state that:

1. you are seeking an order to limit your contact with your ex to emails regarding the children.
2. An order permitting you to take the children out of the county for vacation.
3. an order forgoing your ex's signed permission to take the children from the country for vacation.
4. a standard police enforcement clause to enforce access.
5. such further and other relief as this Honorable Court may permit.

Your affidavit is the story of why you are seeking the order. In it you state the problems you have been having with your ex. You can attach as an exhibit affidavits of your relatives confirming the problems they have had with your ex.
Closed Thread