Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Thanks Pursuing for posting that, gives me some hope. Yes I agree that we are different people at this stage in life, and hopefully more able to make good decisions and know what we want and need out of a relationship.
You're very welcome.

I'm always amazed that I was "allowed" to get married at 19. I'm not sure what the magic age is that one understands what love actually is or what the commitments required for marriage and raising children are....but it definitely wasn't at 19. My ex used to tell me all the time that emotion wasn't a requirement for marriage..in fact it lessened its chances for success...lol.

Now...in my early 40s, I can tell you I know exactly what love is...what commitment is...and what I require to be happy and content. I also understand what my tolerance level is...another thing I honed during my long, crappy marriage. I think having all those tools helps you in dating and finding the right partner.
Closed Thread