Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2015, 11:10 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
Ooooooh! I see what you did there LF! You used Stripes' advice that was relevant to your situation and to a child of four and passively aggressively threw her words back at her!! I get it!!!! How incredibly charming and amusing!

And when she didn't respond to your first post, you posted again to try to get her to engage in conflict. Wow! Way to use that psychological training and conflict resolution.

I am still chuckling over your cleverness.
normally I agree with most of your stuff but I think you may be off base this time. LF is admitting that he does make the same mistake of believing what a child says. That he also can misinterpret and misunderstand what a child says. At least I hope I am right on what he is writing.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:24 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
normally I agree with most of your stuff but I think you may be off base this time. LF is admitting that he does make the same mistake of believing what a child says. That he also can misinterpret and misunderstand what a child says. At least I hope I am right on what he is writing.
I don't agree SOTS, especially after Stripes' post but, as always, I respect your opinion and how you present it. 🙂
Old 12-23-2015, 09:08 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
I don't agree SOTS, especially after Stripes' post but, as always, I respect your opinion and how you present it. ��
lol never said I was right...I am just hoping that I am. I could be the one misinterpreting it. Thank you for your compliment though.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:54 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
Your correct SOTS.
I was in fact admitting to making the same mistake of trusting/believing what a child says. Wrote it right in my post.

You have to remember that for some posters whatever I write they will likely be interpreted as passive aggressive, drama bait, etc. Even regarding issues as simple as the ones discussed here.

I'm in a public forum offering my free advice/experiences. I use my training in ABA, etc to assist autistic children and other developmental disorders, not to figure out ways to peeve Stripes off. lol

If you don't like my opinions S&T you can ignore them .. but I will respectfully request that you don't attack my day job nor my character. Your interpretation of my simple posts are .. well .. they're troubling. I hope you have a wonderful X-mas.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:24 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ooooooh! I see what you did there LF! You used Stripes' advice that was relevant to your situation and to a child of four and passively aggressively threw her words back at her!! I get it!!!! How incredibly charming and amusing!

And when she didn't respond to your first post, you posted again to try to get her to engage in conflict. Wow! Way to use that psychological training and conflict resolution.

I am still chuckling over your cleverness.
Let's avoid the personal attacks and stick to offering advice relevant to the topic at hand. There was nothing of any benefit to anyone in your post.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:50 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

My ex and I periodically send back a bag of each others' clothes we got for child. I don't know her thinking on the matter 100%, but my thinking is that she would probably like to have on hand the clothes she picked out for our child (younger), just like I do.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:03 AM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Kid came to my place last week and said her father had told her to pack up any clothes that he had bought her and bring them back to his place. So we did. In the grand scheme of things, this is pretty trivial, but it does bother me that this is all done through Kid - I'd be less irked if ex communicated with me directly about these clothing exchanges.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:32 AM

PeacefulMoments is on a distinguished road

The unfortunate message kid will get is that her things are not really her things. Ex is being petty.