Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010, 12:34 PM

BahaMan is on a distinguished road
Default Angry and bitter about high amount of spousal support

I am having difficulty coping with my anger and stress over my continuing spousal support payments. I'm looking for some help, because it's affecting my professional and personal lives.

I've been separated for over 4 years and have paid support (both child and spousal) from day one.
At the time I felt that paying the support was the right thing to do, even at the expense of me having to borrow money from Money Mart and go to the food bank for food.

I've tried my best to conduct myself with decency and respect throughout the separation and divorce process. Yet I am continuously treated with hostility by my ex. I get no thanks for the financial support I have given, I get blamed solely for our poor financial situation, and I'm expected to pay even more in support.

I need to find a way to better cope with the anger and bitter resentment I feel each month as I see the large support check get cashed from my account.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 PM

hrobins is on a distinguished road

BahaMan, I feel your pain! It has been said and I have seen it myself that in the court systems up here THE MAN PAYS. While some here may not agree with that statement. I feel the divorce courts are very biased and anti-male.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:13 PM

rwm1273 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are resorting to eat at the food bank and borrow money from a loan shark just to pay your support, then they are based on an unreasonable amount. You may have grounds to ask for a change based on hardship, or if they were based on an inflated or old income, then you can have this looked at and changed. It may take some time to get into court, and this is just another way that the other side can abuse the system, often just to bleed you dry.
Closed Thread